Toronto Meet: April 7th [NEXT FRIDAY]
Apr 3, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #31 of 179
Updated and bump. Com'on T.O. members if you can make it with you gear then come; let's make it a big meet. I can't wait to try the 701s, HF-1s and the hornet with everything.

Apr 3, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #32 of 179
alrite i'm in, and i'll be bringing a guest (if that's ok?)

i don't have much, so i'll be bringing my ZVM, ATH-ES7's and ER6i's, hopefully the A900's can make it before Friday, if so i'll drag those along as well.

this meet will probabaly introduce me to amps, which = $$$ =
frown.gif
haha

anyone have HD600 or 650's
icon10.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #33 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Updated and bump. Com'on T.O. members if you can make it with you gear then come; let's make it a big meet. I can't wait to try the 701s, HF-1s and the hornet with everything.

I may be able to go, depending on if you guys think you can sneek in a 13 year old (if it's going to be labelled as the U OF T audio club, they may ask why a 13 year old is going to join the "club" get together or meeting.) Anyway, if I do go, I will have no gear, except well, I could bring my triports LOL.
I wonder if anybody going would be kind enough to sell me some 580's, 600's, or 880's at the meet (probably no one out of the 9 or so people going are selling them though), I've been looking to buy some, but I don't have a paypal set up, and I'de prefer to do a real-life deal cause I have no online feedback
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #36 of 179
Got security's blessing on this and everything is a go. This is listed as the first meeting of the unofficial and unregistered "U of T Audio Club" [its meaningless, but I had to provide a name]. Don't worry about the 'U of T' title, everyone is welcome. There will be a security guy sitting right by the only open door to the building, and you will have to sign in once you get here. I'll let him know that many of you aren't U of T students so he doesn't question the lack of a student number.

Like it says in the first post, the room number is 3231. There's two doors to the room (the other is number 3227) and one of these will be open. I'll put up signs with arrows for direction labelled "UTAC" so as not to attract too many random people to an 'audio club'. Sorry if this sounds unwelcoming...

I still strongly suggest some people work on a car-pool if possible. I'm sure it'd be greatly appreciated if anyone driving posts where they are coming from.

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #37 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by bashot
Got security's blessing on this and everything is a go. This is listed as the first meeting of the unofficial and unregistered "U of T Audio Club" [its meaningless, but I had to provide a name]. Don't worry about the 'U of T' title, everyone is welcome. There will be a security guy sitting right by the only open door to the building, and you will have to sign in once you get here. I'll let him know that many of you aren't U of T students so he doesn't question the lack of a student number.

Like it says in the first post, the room number is 3231. There's two doors to the room (the other is number 3227) and one of these will be open. I'll put up signs with arrows for direction labelled "UTAC" so as not to attract too many random people to an 'audio club'. Sorry if this sounds unwelcoming...

I still strongly suggest some people work on a car-pool if possible. I'm sure it'd be greatly appreciated if anyone driving posts where they are coming from.

So the security guard seeing a 13 year old 5 foot tall kid won't get suspicious? BTW, my mom will be driving me if I do go, and I would be coming from Thornhill (beside Richmond Hill I believe), so I think I could maybe pick a few guys up if they are on the way. Will he want any ID when you sign in? I ask becasue I only have my birth certificate and Canadian passport.

My mom said south of Thornhill only, North of Thornhill is out of our way she said.

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #38 of 179
they don't care who you bring in there, you can bring a 4year old and they could care less. Only thing they'll look for is suspecious people. Thugs, whatever, etc....though they might think we're all carrying bombs when they see 10+ people with backpacks all full
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #39 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by EscaBoi
they don't care who you bring in there, you can bring a 4year old and they could care less. Only thing they'll look for is suspecious people. Thugs, whatever, etc....though they might think we're all carrying bombs when they see 10+ people with backpacks all full
tongue.gif

LOL,
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'll look really awkward, I'll have nothing, or at most, some crap triports (gift) and an 5th gen iPod.

Apr 3, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #40 of 179
that's the point of this meet, you learn and experience what others have so that you can have a first hand feel of what you may consider purchasing...that way you can either WASTE or SAVE that $100-$500+
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #41 of 179
I can come but I'll probably have to leave around 7 or 8. Are there going to be people that are coming around 5ish?

Apr 3, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #42 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by n1cx
I can come but I'll probably have to leave around 7 or 8. Are there going to be people that are coming around 5ish?

Read the main post, the meet is at 7 oclock Pm. No sooner.

Apr 3, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #44 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by EscaBoi
7pm is fine for me, but CAN we bump it up to 6pm or no?
i get off school at 4, so that's 3 hours of wandering around

No. 7 is the latest.

Apr 3, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #45 of 179
Sorry about the time, but I can't change it. The room is booked just before us. From what I understand there's a couple of people with nothing to do before the room is available. Maybe you guys would be interested in meeting up before that somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back