Toronto Meet: April 7th [NEXT FRIDAY]
Apr 8, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #166 of 179
I think the meet went well overall.

I would like to apologize for my rudeness and imaturity (Alucard knocked some sense into me after.) I was being very disrespectful to many of you, and espically XERT / ELI. I apologize, and I hope no grudge is help agaisnt me. I am going to go and practice respect, because I evidently have little of it.

Apr 8, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #167 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I would like to apologize for my rudeness and imaturity (Alucard knocked some sense into me after.)

I thought you were fine and generally got along with everyone there. At least you had fun tonight so don't let Alucard be too hard on you. Hope you're enjoying the new headphones.

Apr 8, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #168 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by bashot
I thought you were fine and generally got along with everyone there. At least you had fun tonight so don't let Alucard be too hard on you. Hope you're enjoying the new headphones.

Not sure who you were exactly in the meet (bad with names), but I don't know if your trying to be nice, or what. Alucard is fairly angry, he just blocked me on msn. He was going to send me the dvd ripping tools, but I don't know, I have his DVD-A, but no tools, and he's kind of hurting himself if he wanted this ripped, because I have free time this weekend, not next when he said he'de unblock me. *Shrug*. Maybe he was just upset with ELI and the other guys, and the fact that I punched him fairly hard for being a doofus (just as a joke, i'm fairly weak.) No matter what though, I think we can all agree it's pretty dishonest to sell your friend something like 280 pro's overpriced.

Apr 8, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #169 of 179
I had a lot of fun at the meet.

Thanks to everyone who made it a good time! Except that 280-selling, mac-bashing jerk.
wink.gif

Apr 8, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #170 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
I had a lot of fun at the meet.

Thanks to everyone who made it a good time! Except that 280-selling, mac-bashing jerk.
wink.gif

Hehe, some of you guys were really nice (I.E. the dude who had the other set of 600's was really nice.) Hm, I just wish I knew who was who in real life to forums.

That 280 selling mac bashing jerk is the same guy who thinks I was really rude there and is pissed at me now. Not sure what you guys thought of me, but he got this impression that I was being really disrespectful to you guys (i.e. when I bought the 600's.) I see his point, but i'm not sure if you guys took it anywhere near as seriously as he did. I know I'm a kid, but I do want to be as mature as possible, although I goof off too much.

Apr 8, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #171 of 179
Had lots of fun tonight, finally get to hear the Hornet.... wow..... what a difference with the E4c. I gotta start saving up to buy me one of those
etysmile.gif

(BTW JaGWiRE, it's ok... don't worry about it, you said what you have to say in the first post, no need to continue the explaination... I'm sure everyone understand)

Apr 8, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #172 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by BST07
Had lots of fun tonight, finally get to hear the Hornet.... wow..... what a difference with the E4c. I gotta start saving up to buy me one of those
etysmile.gif

(BTW JaGWiRE, it's ok... don't worry about it, you said what you have to say in the first post, no need to continue the explaination... I'm sure everyone understand)

Hm, I didn't test the amps, probably a good thing, as I'll be going ampless for a while. The horney was another portable amp, so tell me, is there a huge difference between these? Price wise, these go up to like 350-400 CAD (the headroom was like 350 CAD.)

BTW, who were you tonight?

Apr 8, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #174 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Hm, I didn't test the amps, probably a good thing, as I'll be going ampless for a while. The horney was another portable amp, so tell me, is there a huge difference between these? Price wise, these go up to like 350-400 CAD (the headroom was like 350 CAD.)

BTW, who were you tonight?

Difference between what?

Hornet is one of the better or best portable amps out there.

Lots of people have this amp or SR-71 with their E4c.'

I was the asian wearing a black polo

Apr 8, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #175 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by BST07
Difference between what?

Hornet is one of the better or best portable amps out there.

Lots of people have this amp or SR-71 with their E4c.'

I was the asian wearing a black polo

Weren't there about three asians wearing a black polo? Oh well, I'm sorry, I am not good with people, and I didn't speak to any of the Asians too much there. I think you introduced me to the Hornet though.

I was referring to the comparison of all the portable amps. I can see them having a different sort of sound, but considering they all are small, and jam packed with small components, I wonder how much of a difference some of them can make.

BTW, probably better to now post in the impression therad for UTAC meet.

Apr 8, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #176 of 179
Well, I don't like the hornet personally... the soundstage is too compressed. The SR71 is quite a bit better in my opinion, though still not perfect by any stretch.

Apr 9, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #177 of 179
I told my friend they were going for 60 and he offered 100 still today at work. Eli I think didn't understand I didn't rip him off to himt he headphones were worth 100, and he will still pay that because thats the value they are for him. Anyways if you ever have a meeting again I probably shouldn't come since I don't own portables and headphones, and saving for a house whilke I finish school and work. If you think jagwire would have been better off coming alone without me or his parents being so young okay. But I tihnk someone may have taken advatage or he may have gotten lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back