Tornado, in my front yard!!! Holy!!!
Jun 13, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #35 of 40
Cool!
/me would like to see a live tornado some day...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #37 of 40
Glad you're ok, I have never seen a tornado in person and don't if I really want to. I think that if I ever see a tornado of that size and up close I'd definitely get the hell out of dodge. Check the vid below filmed by two storm chasers who drove through inside a tornado:

Inside a Tornado

Jun 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #38 of 40
Great pix and story and glad you're well -- out in the prairies we had two touch down last night, neither seriously, but on my drive home from work last night I saw a line of people watching the sky, huge purple and green scallops and a vertical mass of cloud moving VERY quickly. We were under a tornado watch most of the day today. It does seem like a very active spring for these, and terrible weather generally. Here's hoping things level off before too long...

best,

o

Jun 14, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #40 of 40
WOW glad to see you're safe. The weather here in mid Michigan has been hectic as well. Last Sunday we had a huge storm with tornadoes going thru several towns. I lost power for 1 1/2 days some people were without power for 3-4 days. I don't know how I could live without electricity- I had no computer, no tv. My stove is electrical so I couldn't cook anything. Kind of makes you think how previlige we are to have the stuff we have compare to some third world countries out there. Good thing was I didn't have to go to work on Monday cause they were without power too. Then yesterday morning while driving to my work place which is 30 minutes from where I live. I get off the freeway and head into town and I see several huge tress being uprooted and laying across the side walk- I was just amaze. I walk into work and it was pitch black. I ask my co-workers what happen and they said a tornadoe just went by 2 hours earlier. I walk upstairs to my cubical and it had power- running from the backup generator. So I spent the whole day just cleaning up my desk.

Well here are some pictures of Hurrican Katrina back in '05 taken by my brother who lived in Mississippi at the time. He was out and about town and decide to snap pics of the sky. It reminds us how beautiful yet dangerous mother nature can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back