Torn on whether to get an AMP, DAC or soundcard
Apr 27, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #46 of 47

I went ahead and ordered a Fiio E10K, and I think I'll order the Fulla once it gets restocked on Amazon on the 5th, and send back what I don't want. But at the same time, while I feel like I'll end up with one of these two, I'm still not 100% sure. What tears me is of course the apparently better audio quality of the Fulla yet it's poorer build and lack of features. What sort of AMP/DAC combos are out there that basically have what both of those have and are under $200, if anyone can recommend?

If you end up keeping the E10K instead of the Fulla, you could go a step further get the E11K also (E11K is around $60) and use them both as a combo. The E10K/E11K is one upgrade path you could take..the 11 even comes with the short 3.5mm dual male cable and bands to ''piggyback'' the E10K/E11K together.

Basically, the E11K is a standalone-amp that is supposed to sound better as an amp than the E10K..more neutral, according to the soundnews E10K/E11K article.

Link: http://soundnews.ro/2014/08/15/fiio-e10k-and-e11k-premium-sound-for-a-tiny-price/

The E10K can function as a seperate DAC.

In a nutshell: Headphone [~] E11K [Aux In] ~ [Line Out] E10K [USB] PC           ~ = Cable

Of course its probably inferior compared to something like a Modi/Magni..but still for 130-140 bucks..probably worth considering.

Sounds like you're making recommendations without actually having owned or even listened to the gear.
This goes against headfi posting guidelines and is considered extremely bad etiquette.

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #47 of 47
  Sounds like you're making recommendations without actually having owned or even listened to the gear.
This goes against headfi posting guidelines and is considered extremely bad etiquette.

True

I do not own the forementioned Schiit gear, but this is my actual setup:

http://i61.tinypic.com/x43kvn.jpg

I threw the review article in for reference, it really is a great sounding combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back