Torn between Msr7 and TH-X00
Feb 8, 2017 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

michael0408

New Head-Fier
Hello again,

I currently own the Sennheiser HD 600, Fostex TH-X00 and since yesterday the Audiotechnica MSR7 and my Dac/Amp is the Fiio E10k. I had some problems with my TH-X00's which I bought 3 weeks ago because their center image was slightly moved to the left that was the reason I contacted Massdrop and they offered me to either get a new pair from them because they had some at their storage or I can send them back and get my money. While I was writing with Massdrop I was looking for other headphones that interest me and found the MSR7 to be quite good for the price so I ordered them. Now I am deciding if I take a new pair of X00's and send the MSR7 back or keep them and send the Fostex back. Out of the box I really liked the Audiotechnicas (without burning in yet) and in comparison the X00 sound darker with that fat low end but the favourite part that I like about music, the vocals, really shine on the MSR7. On the other hand the X00 is not so analytical in the high end and sometimes the MSR7  is just too much. Comfortwise the MSR7 is the winner because the pads just fit perfectly while the ones on the X00 are not nearly as soft. If you were me which headphones would you keep and is there something I can do against the sometimes shrill sound of the Audiotechnicas?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back