Torn between Beyerdynamic DT-990 PRO and Sennheiser HD598
Jun 12, 2013 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

djenkov

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I will make a purchase soon and I really need help about picking one of these..
I mainly listen to classical (but also to rock, j-rock). Could you please tell me which one of these is better for that genre?

You guys rock.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Hey,

I will make a purchase soon and I really need help about picking one of these..
I mainly listen to classical (but also to rock, j-rock). Could you please tell me which one of these is better for that genre?

You guys rock.

For classical, HD598 will probably be better. 990 has more aggressive sound signature, and that's good for rock and j-rock.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #3 of 8
Forgot to mention this. Purely SQ wise, DT990 is better. Clarity, detail, and resolution is better on 990. Comfort is on par and HD598 has better sound stage. Also, you might need an amp for 990, if you get a 250 or 600 ohm version.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 8
Yeah, I will buy Fiio E10.
And thanks for the quick reply, I think I am leaning towards DT990. Oh, could you tell me  which one of the two is better all-arounder? From what I can see its the DT990.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Yeah, I will also buy Fiio E10.
And thanks for the quick reply, I think I am leaning towards DT990. Oh, could you tell me  which one of the two is better all-arounder? From what I can see its the DT990.

Depends what you mean by all rounder. For things with heavy vocal, HD598 will be better. If you like mellow and warm sound, HD598 is it. However, if you want more exciting and fun sound, DT990 is it. I personally would pick DT990 for better clarity and detail.

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Depends what you mean by all rounder. For things with heavy vocal, HD598 will be better. If you like mellow and warm sound, HD598 is it. However, if you want more exciting and fun sound, DT990 is it. I personally would pick DT990 for better clarity and detail.

Oh, god...I do love warm sounding hp's, but I also love headphones with good clarity and detail...I guess I will have to order both of them trough amazon and return the headphone I like less.

Thank you, you were of so much help to me.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Oh, god...I do love warm sounding hp's, but I also love headphones with good clarity and detail...I guess I will have to order both of them trough amazon and return the headphone I like less.

Thank you, you were of so much help to me.

Your welcome. It is best to try hps before you buy them, so I recommend what you are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back