TOPPING NX3 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
May 23, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #78 of 94
Dear friends ,I have sony xperia z ultra but a max volume is so small and it doesent enough for me ,i want more .please help me to chose which will be beter for this target nx 1 ,nx 2 or topping nx 3.I just want to gain max volume ,thank u))

May 23, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #79 of 94
  Dear friends ,I have sony xperia z ultra but a max volume is so small and it doesent enough for me ,i want more .please help me to chose which will be beter for this target nx 1 ,nx 2 or topping nx 3.I just want to gain max volume ,thank u))

I have a NX1 and 2 but not a 3. I understand the NX3 is a cleaner version of the 1 but at that price point $80 you could look into some other options like a JDS CMOY BB v2, the dual 9 volt version would drive a 600Ohm! (well maybe) Maybe FiiO A3/Q1?

May 23, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #80 of 94

I have a NX1 and 2 but not a 3. I understand the NX3 is a cleaner version of the 1 but at that price point $80 you could look into some other options like a JDS CMOY BB v2, the dual 9 volt version would drive a 600Ohm! (well maybe) Maybe FiiO A3/Q1?

How is NX2 compared to ipod touch?

May 23, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #81 of 94
How is NX2 compared to ipod touch?

NX2 is very transparent to me, it adds volume and punch. Mine is usually stacked with my X3II. My NX1 is on one of my touch's, not sure why other than they sound good together but remember thats just me:beers:

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #82 of 94
I had the NX1 and bought sometime ago the NX3. It does make a difference in sound quality especially with the bass reproduction. I am using right now the JVC HAFX1X in-ear headphones but i am not very pleased so i will get the ATH-CSK990 Solid Bass as i heard are much much better in any way.

Sep 29, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #83 of 94
Having both the NX3 and E12 I thought I would add my observations to the discussion.

Quote:
  Thanks light-man!

Funny enough I have been backward and forwarding between these two amps on my commute to work so can give a bit of run down for you.

I would say that the E12 has more forward mids than the NX3 and that the E12 also has more detail at the top end.

The soundstage on the NX3 is definitely wider than the E12, but I like the soundstage on the E12 as the mids are a little more forward.

I would also say that the E12 is emerging as my favourite amp out of the two.  I just like the way the music seems to flow out of it and it is definitely more fun in my opinion than the NX3.

The NX3 is a good amp though.  It is very non fatiguing too. probably not as 'fun' as the E12,   Though it does feels soothing and easy to listen to for long periods.

I would say the bass on the E12 is better.  I really love it.  It has nice impact and weight.

I am happy I own both but if I was pushed to give one up, it would be the NX3.  

I think the E12 could happily compete with amps that are a hundred dollars more than it.  I know, because I am lucky enough to own some.  the E12 punches above its weight.

But for $90 Aud the NX3 is probably the best amp in that price range.  Better than the Fiio A3.

Hope this helps

I would agree with almost all of this except the sound stage being better on the NX3. The NX3 is extremely easy to listen to and definitely non-fatiguing, but can dull down the sound of some headphones.

Hi Dexter22

I don't think the NX3 is competition for the E12.  i think the E12 is better in nearly every area, except perhaps for soundstage.  The NX3 has good soundstage and for the money is a good buy, but it is kinda flat in the upper mids and treble region comparative to the E12.  For the money, the NX3 is a good amp... but IMO cannot be compared the E12, which has better fidelity and resolution.

Incredible value for money, but the NX3 is outshone by the E12, and I would definitely pick up the E12 most of the time.

Hi there

I haven't got the E12A but I do have the Fiio E12, so I can make some comparisons there.

It is early days with the NX3 but I can definitely say that the NX3 has a MUCH wider soundstage with instruments placed well within that sound stage with good depth.  The E12 soundstage is good and I enjoy listening to it, but there is no doubt that the NX3 wins hands down here.

Both the E12 and the NX3 are warmish sounding amplifiers.  Both sound very good.

I would say that the NX3 has some warmth at the lower end (without bass boost) and perhaps is a tad less smooth at the top end, but it is still burning in.

I think the bass boost is better on the E12, the bass boost on the NX3 is muddy and not needed as normal mode has lots of bottom end. YMMV.

I think though for it's price point is a very good amplifier - probably the best amplifier in this price range.  I also have the Fiio A3 and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this mplifier is better than the A3.

I would say the NX3 would be a great match for anyone who has slightly bright headphones that could do with some warming up and need some weight at the bottom end.  If your headphones are already strong in that region they would probably pair better with the NX1 that adds the airy top end.  (I still think the NX3 has plenty of air though).

Hope this helps.

cheers
John

Definitely a pairing consideration. The NX3 is 'easy listening' but slightly dull, the E12 is bright and engaging without being harsh. Clearly some combinations of the amp and headphones work better and can suit the listener's preference or type of music being listened to.

One other observation is that the NX3 is very very low on hiss (it needs to be extremely quiet with very sensitive earphones to notice anything, whereas the E12 has an obvious hiss between tracks with IEMs and just about noticeable hiss with full size headphones.

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #87 of 94
@apaar123,
NX3 doesn't have DAC, only amplifier.

Oct 21, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #88 of 94
Anybody still here? I bought nx3 just a couple days ago, does it has enough power to listen any high impedance earbud like Seahf ld 4.0 400ohm , ty hi-z 400ohm ?

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #90 of 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Back