TOPPING NX3 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #17 of 94
I see that this item is available on Amazon US, anyone order it yet?

Thanks, I've been waiting, I grabned another Nx1( arrived last week) but the first is an the way back ( fualty volume control ) so the timmungs almost perfect.

Dec 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #18 of 94
Thanks, I've been waiting, I grabned another Nx1( arrived last week) but the first is an the way back ( fualty volume control ) so the timmungs almost perfect.

Glad to see they are going to fix your volume control sgl, and to think I almost consider my NX1 disposable at $26! Now with that said for $26 it is one heck of an amp
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #19 of 94
Glad to see they are going to fix your volume control sgl, and to think I almost consider my NX1 disposable at $26! Now with that said for $26 it is one heck of an amp:wink_face:

That was pretty much my take on it to ( disposable) but when all said in done it was just over a month old. So while I don't have a huge problem with that I excpected a bit more time wise. But these thing tend to fail immediatly or are gopd till the battries quit holding a chage. Your right in that it's a heck of an amp, I have a couple phones that just don't work on some things with iut and amp. Havi and Puro both. Plus I actually use it as a pre amp in the car, you know how it is in California. Never rains and always convertible top down weather, well as far as I'm concerned. It's all good fun!

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #20 of 94
That was pretty much my take on it to ( disposable) but when all said in done it was just over a month old. So while I don't have a huge problem with that I excpected a bit more time wise. But these thing tend to fail immediatly or are gopd till the battries quit holding a chage. Your right in that it's a heck of an amp, I have a couple phones that just don't work on some things with iut and amp. Havi and Puro both. Plus I actually use it as a pre amp in the car, you know how it is in California. Never rains and always convertible top down weather, well as far as I'm concerned. It's all good fun!

Hmm, don't they have headphone laws out there? You can't wear them driving here but I see people doing it more and more
blink.gif
Uh, what ambulance officer
eek.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #21 of 94

Hmm, don't they have headphone laws out there? You can't wear them driving here but I see people doing it more and more
blink.gif
Uh, what ambulance officer
eek.gif

Now, now your responsibility is showing! Actually I have a Dual head unit running through the factory amp. It has USB, Bluetooth and Aux in on the front panel. The Fiio X3 doesn't have Bluetooth as you know and the Aux in is as they say the weak sister.Sso I use the amp to attenuate the signal when speed reaches a certain ( I almost positive it's the actual posted legal limit  ) speed, top down I turn the little knob and low and behold I still can hear the music. Sure it would sound better with the earphones but the silly little car attracts enough attention ( is this where I say I'm socially responsible?) without giving them a reason to pull me over. It's a tough balance but no tickets  so  affordable insurance and more audio.

Dec 1, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #22 of 94

Now, now your responsibility is showing! Actually I have a Dual head unit running through the factory amp. It has USB, Bluetooth and Aux in on the front panel. The Fiio X3 doesn't have Bluetooth as you know and the Aux in is as they say the weak sister.Sso I use the amp to attenuate the signal when speed reaches a certain ( I almost positive it's the actual posted legal limit  ) speed, top down I turn the little knob and low and behold I still can hear the music. Sure it would sound better with the earphones but the silly little car attracts enough attention ( is this where I say I'm socially responsible?) without giving them a reason to pull me over. It's a tough balance but no tickets  so  affordable insurance and more audio.

I see, that is cool
cool.gif
My GTI stereo has that same function built in as well, speed and external sounds raise the volume on my player too. After 59 years I'm not sure if I even know the meaning of responsible now
rolleyes.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #23 of 94

I see, that is cool
cool.gif
My GTI stereo has that same function built in as well, speed and external sounds raise the volume on my player too. After 59 years I'm not sure if I even know the meaning of responsible now
rolleyes.gif

Now if I'd left in the stock unit it would still have that external sound and speed dependent volume control as well. After all aren't all these VW products  the same? Ok they may spell it differently but it's really the same, You say GTI and I say 911. The change in head units was two fold my wife likes to connect her phone ( which I have trouble remembering to carry) and it's the same as we have in the "family car" read wife's car and in my other little car a 96 BMW Z3 ( It stay so when either of the boys 'Both in local UC's" cars fail they don't borrow mine) so the learning curve is nil. You know I figured we were about the same age. I mean Dwight Yokum, Frank Sinatra was a dead give away. Of course I prefer Richard Powel to Sinatra but Little Sister, Little Ways and the Streets of Bakersfield still work! So given I'm at least a year older than you and I am responsible, it just may be that  someone keeps changing the definition.

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #24 of 94

Now if I'd left in the stock unit it would still have that external sound and speed dependent volume control as well. After all aren't all these VW products  the same? Ok they may spell it differently but it's really the same, You say GTI and I say 911. The change in head units was two fold my wife likes to connect her phone ( which I have trouble remembering to carry) and it's the same as we have in the "family car" read wife's car and in my other little car a 96 BMW Z3 ( It stay so when either of the boys 'Both in local UC's" cars fail they don't borrow mine) so the learning curve is nil. You know I figured we were about the same age. I mean Dwight Yokum, Frank Sinatra was a dead give away. Of course I prefer Richard Powel to Sinatra but Little Sister, Little Ways and the Streets of Bakersfield still work! So given I'm at least a year older than you and I am responsible, it just may be that  someone keeps changing the definition.

LOL, don't forget a year more responsible
wink_face.gif
To tell the truth of the Rat Pack I'm a Deano man all the way
biggrin.gif
Cheers
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #25 of 94

LOL, don't forget a year more responsible
wink_face.gif
To tell the truth of the Rat Pack I'm a Deano man all the way
biggrin.gif
Cheers
beerchug.gif

Now that a fact, always remember and never forget . The Rat pack well except for Joey Bishop could all sing and sing well.  You know Dean could have made a name for himself if it weren't Jerry!

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #26 of 94
Now that a fact, always remember and never forget . The Rat pack well except for Joey Bishop could all sing and sing well.  You know Dean could have made a name for himself if it weren't Jerry!

Yep, same goes for Tom:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #27 of 94
Got the NX3 a couple of days ago.  It's a nice chunk of gear, very well built and substantial. I paired it with my Fiio X3ii, and have been listening with an Audio Technica ATH-M50x and LZ-A2.  I've gone through several albums:  Donald Fagen The Nightfly (Japanese Target RB-FLAC), Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here (SACD DSF), Dire Straits Making Movies (SACD DSF), Yes Close to the Edge (Steve Wilson 2013 Remix 24 Bit 96 KHz), Yggdrasil Prose Edda (RB-FLAC), Daft Punk Random Access Memories (24 Bit 88 KHz), and the whole Shpongle discography (RB-FLAC).  The stock amp in the X3ii sounds very good, but the NX3 adds a nice oomph, especially with the ATH-M50x.  The bass boost kind of muddles things up so I keep it off.  

The NX3 has less hiss (only noticeable with the LZ-A2) than the NX2 (which I use with my phone and laptop), and is definitely a step up.

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #28 of 94
Got the NX3 a couple of days ago.  It's a nice chunk of gear, very well built and substantial. I paired it with my Fiio X3ii, and have been listening with an Audio Technica ATH-M50x and LZ-A2.  I've gone through several albums:  Donald Fagen The Nightfly (Japanese Target RB-FLAC), Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here (SACD DSF), Dire Straits Making Movies (SACD DSF), Yes Close to the Edge (Steve Wilson 2013 Remix 24 Bit 96 KHz), Yggdrasil Prose Edda (RB-FLAC), Daft Punk Random Access Memories (24 Bit 88 KHz), and the whole Shpongle discography (RB-FLAC).  The stock amp in the X3ii sounds very good, but the NX3 adds a nice oomph, especially with the ATH-M50x.  The bass boost kind of muddles things up so I keep it off.  

The NX3 has less hiss (only noticeable with the LZ-A2) than the NX2 (which I use with my phone and laptop), and is definitely a step up.

Should you say the NX3 is better then Fiio A3?

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #29 of 94
The A3 has the same amp section as the X3ii right? I like the NX3 over the X3ii like I said. To be more specific, the bass drums are more impactful and the bottom end is more well rounded. Both do the mid range and highs equally well. Be mindful, I've got old ears and can't hear anything over 13-14 KHz. My impressions are valid for me and the headphones I used so YMMV.

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #30 of 94
My NX3 will arrive somewhere in january. Hope it can add a bit of extra bass to my XDUOO X3, when I feel like it, and some extra driving power for an old pair of Sennheiser HD600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back