Topping E30 DAC / Preamp
Feb 12, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #31 of 53
It's too bad they decided not to include a power supply, there are probably some people who think the DAC is crap because they're using it with a questionable power source. I have a 5V 1A Mean Well power supply that I'm very happy with, have used it with other DACs too, with good results.
better no psu that a bad psu. I bought a linear power supply in aliexpress, with regulable voltage and LCD display indicated the adjusted voltage. It has very good toroidal transformer inside, payed for it like 50 or 60$ shipped. E30 sounds great with it.

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #33 of 53
E30 + L30 still working perfectly, using it as a) Preamp for my STAX SRM-T1 + SR L700 Mk II system or b) as headphone amp for my HE400 magneplanar.
Souce is either my Bluesound Node 2i streamer (COAX) or my Laptop with FLAC + DSD hires files running NEUTRON player (USB)

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #34 of 53
Waiting on my E30 to be delivered. I'll be using it in dac mode with a JDSLabs Atom. Hope its a good pairing. Didn't go with jdslabs dac cause i need coax for my rotel and usb input for tablet.

Mar 14, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #36 of 53
Waiting on my E30 to be delivered. I'll be using it in dac mode with a JDSLabs Atom. Hope its a good pairing. Didn't go with jdslabs dac cause i need coax for my rotel and usb input for tablet.
Best ever combo for the price. you can later upgrade to linear psu for the dac, and cheap but proper cables. Very clean dac, maybe R2R would be better, but for a delta sigma dac with akm sound, this is the best for the buck right now. And the amp is really nice. It is clean but maybe not clinically clean, sounds really really well with hd6XX. You may want to EQ such combo to get some of the bass hd6xx greatly lacks, but for dac amp, this is the best sounding cheap combo, I think.

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #37 of 53
Got in the E30 and I'm digging it. Really clean, and tight. I'm actually powering it from an Anker portable power pack, 20100mAh. So 2 days so far, auto-off, dac mode, and maybe 4hrs playtime.

Aug 19, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #40 of 53
Sorry for a dumb question. But is it possible to use coaxial input on E30 from dual RCA output on my TV using a subwoofer cable (single RCA male to dual RCA male)?
Dual RCA output is usually left/right channel analog, not digital. It's not possible to send analog output to digital input. Most probably your TV has optical digital output, you could use that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back