Topping D50
Oct 20, 2018 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DSJgator

New Head-Fier
No usb No DSD Tried downloading drivers to two different PCs. tried on Ipad (which isn't supposed to need drivers). Please help me decide if unit is defective. It is great through optical. Review forthcoming..

Oct 22, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 5
No usb No DSD Tried downloading drivers to two different PCs. tried on Ipad (which isn't supposed to need drivers). Please help me decide if unit is defective. It is great through optical. Review forthcoming..
Is this on MAC, Windows, or Linux?

If this is a Windows issue, please do the following:
I've seen a few devices where they request for you to remove all other drivers of the same type (external sound devices in this case) before plugging them in. Could you please remove the DAC, delete the drivers, reboot, then reinstall before reconnecting the D50 and let us know what happens? Unfortunately I have the D30 instead, which was plug and play if I recall correctly.

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 5
On the two PCs that I used I don't believe there ever were any similar drivers, but i did remove (I think I did, anyway - I'm not very computer saavy) the originally installed Topping drivers, re-install and reboot. Same result. I also tried this unit on an Ipad, because as I understand it Apple products are not supposed to require drivers for this unit. Same result. I was running out of time for the 30 day refund, so I sent the unit back to Blinq, and they cheerfully and promptly refunded my $212.50, and even paid for return shipping. (It was sold as a "like new" unit). Performance through optical was outstanding, and was best of all driving Monoprice M1060s directly with no amp. Get a monoprice adapter with two male RCAs going to a stereo mini female. That way you have eliminated a cable and possibly a quarter inch to eighth inch adapter. I will probably try another unit and see if it does usb and DSD. Many thanks to those who tried to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back