Topping D30 Pro or Aune X8
Jul 15, 2023 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rogyupii

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, looking to get a DAC at the $300 price bracket. I was originally going to get the Topping D30 Pro to pair with the A30 Pro amp but then I saw the Aune X8 and was intrigued by the op amp swapping. I don't plan on using burson or sparkos with the Aune because I like it to not be upside down, so in terms of raw performance (or maybe an op amp swap to a muses02 with the Aune), which DAC would you recommend?

Jul 15, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 3
The D30pro is excellent, but discontinued so finding one might be an issue. I really like the Topping E50 also if you don't mind the RCA balanced cables instead of XLR. Even the D10b is great if you don't need extra features, the stock filter is good. The D30pro is best though, 3 prong power for grounding, no MQA or Bluetooth nonsense, and easy filter choices.

Jul 16, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 3
The D30pro is excellent, but discontinued so finding one might be an issue. I really like the Topping E50 also if you don't mind the RCA balanced cables instead of XLR. Even the D10b is great if you don't need extra features, the stock filter is good. The D30pro is best though, 3 prong power for grounding, no MQA or Bluetooth nonsense, and easy filter choices.
found one at a local dealer hehe, thanks for weighing in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back