Topping D20 anyone?
Feb 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Mattimis

Head-Fier
Anyone using this DAC? Headfonia seems to love it, and personally considering trying it out.
So if you own or have owned it let me know your feeling aswell as if you found a good alternative power supply to the cheapie supplied one.

http://www.headfonia.com/affordable-digital-to-analog-conversion-topping-d2-and-d20/2/

theres the link to the review on headfonia.

-Matt

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 27
Quote:
Anyone using this DAC? Headfonia seems to love it, and personally considering trying it out.
So if you own or have owned it let me know your feeling aswell as if you found a good alternative power supply to the cheapie supplied one.

http://www.headfonia.com/affordable-digital-to-analog-conversion-topping-d2-and-d20/2/

theres the link to the review on headfonia.

-Matt

Ya they're the only ones with experience with it, and they seem to like it.  For just over $100 I think it seems like a good option.  I'd be interested to hear how it compares to an ODAC or maybe a Modi.  

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 27
Me too, although they seem to think it better even than the m stage and the dacport lx and the hrt msII+. Which I think says allot considering they are supposed to be the best sub 500$ options.

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:
Me too, although they seem to think it better even than the m stage and the dacport lx and the hrt msII+. Which I think says allot considering they are supposed to be the best sub 500$ options.

I'd be thrilled (my wallet would be*) if the general consensus was that this is the best dac under $500 as the D20 is only $150.  I wish there was a DAC shootout somewhere with all the $100-$600 DACs...maybe when I have a few grand burning a hole in my wallet I'll buy the usual suspects and make one 
size]
 Then again I don't know if my hearing is fine-tuned enough to be a good reviewer 
size]

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 27
Now I know for a fact there are a few people on Head-Fi that have the D20...I really hope they come out of the wood-works and throw an impression or two our way to placate us haha

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

It's currently out of stock, and will be for more than 10 business days, but PartsExpress sells the D20 in the US. While I will recommend PartsExpress itself, I'm unfamiliar with the Toppings.

yea I just ordered over seas and saved myself 40$ since I was basically going to have to wait for part express to get theirs from china anyways haha.

My roommate has a hrt MS II+ and an M stage dac, so ill compare it to those, but other than that all I have is the asus xonar essence, either way I will compare the 4 and have my roommate do the same and ill let you know!

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:
yea I just ordered over seas and saved myself 40$ since I was basically going to have to wait for part express to get theirs from china anyways haha.

My roommate has a hrt MS II+ and an M stage dac, so ill compare it to those, but other than that all I have is the asus xonar essence, either way I will compare the 4 and have my roommate do the same and ill let you know!

Sounds like you saved yourself some money 
size]
  And that sounds like an awesome 4-way DAC shootout if you ask me.  Those are probably some of the best competitors anyways, and even if it doesn't quite match them, the Topping is still a lot cheaper and a good deal. I'd love to hear how easy it is to tell the difference between the DACs in a blind-test (I'm not sure if this is off-limits on Head-Fi though).  Can't wait to hear yours and your roomate's impressions!

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #11 of 27
BTW according to the "DAC popularity check" thread, there's two people that have the D20.  I'll probably go through the thread and see who has it and maybe shoot them a PM to see if they'd mind throwing some impressions here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back