Topping A70 Pro - impressions
Dec 19, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #121 of 201
Turn off power from a back of A70 Pro, press front volume knob and hold, then turn it on from back. Device should appear in OS, just drag and drop downloaded file.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #122 of 201
Turn off power from a back of A70 Pro, press front volume knob and hold, then turn it on from back. Device should appear in OS, just drag and drop downloaded file.
Hi, thanks for your help. I had to switch from a windows 11 laptop to a windows 10 pc. The laptop couldn't find the device, but the older pc did and I was able to upgrade to version 2.01. I appreciate the assistance. Happy Holidays everyone and happy listening! :)

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #123 of 201
Hi, thanks for your help. I had to switch from a windows 11 laptop to a windows 10 pc. The laptop couldn't find the device, but the older pc did and I was able to upgrade to version 2.01. I appreciate the assistance. Happy Holidays everyone and happy listening! :)
No problem, enjoy the amp.

Dec 20, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #124 of 201
I updated firmware twice and on both occasions used a USB-C to USB-A cable with a USB-C adapter.

USB-C to USB-C cable never worked for me.

Dec 21, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #126 of 201
Anybody else A70 sometimes get stuck at the loading screen when using the front knob to turn on the unit? I have the unit for a week now and everything's working fine just sometimes it gets stuck at this loading screen and I have to use the power switch on the back to reset it and everything works again. Should I be worry about this and consider returning the unit?
Solved this tonight, I was sometimes holding down the volume button too long, it's long press to turn off, short quick press to turn on.

My friend lent me his A70 Pro and one weird thing that happened today and again just now,

Random relay clicking!

There have also been reports with sound cutting out with relay clicks on another forum.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #127 of 201
There is latest firmware on their site 2.02 check one on device and flash if needed. I didn't have random relay clicking, this should be rectified with Topping directly.

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #128 of 201
I updated firmware twice and on both occasions used a USB-C to USB-A cable with a USB-C adapter.

USB-C to USB-C cable never worked for me.
Exactly, it only works with C to A otherwise the device is not recognized.
Solved this tonight, I was sometimes holding down the volume button too long, it's long press to turn off, short quick press to turn on.

My friend lent me his A70 Pro and one weird thing that happened today and again just now,

Random relay clicking!

There have also been reports with sound cutting out with relay clicks on another forum.

Those clicks would scare the crap out of me... must be hardware related.
There is latest firmware on their site 2.02 check one on device and flash if needed. I didn't have random relay clicking, this should be rectified with Topping directly.
The 2.02 version is for a VU meter error that some users were having cutoffs while listening to music, though it doesn't seem to be fully solved upon checking at the ASR forums.
Like you , I never had any random clicking.

Dec 24, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #129 of 201
New issue found, if I fiddle with the volume knob in standby the amp factory resets itself, I can recreate this as many times as required and it resets every time,

Dec 24, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #131 of 201
Yup same here.

Ummmmm, that doesn't bode well if this can be replicated across all of them, I've had this issue, random relay clicking, and one very loud distortion incident, this amp is heading back for refund after Christmas, may try again in the future if/when the issues get resolved, just feels like the QC on this model has been poor.

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #132 of 201
New issue found, if I fiddle with the volume knob in standby the amp factory resets itself, I can recreate this as many times as required and it resets every time,

How often is this actually a problem with normal use for you?
I get that's it's an issue and something that should not be there, but it's also something I don't think 99% of all users will ever notice...

Dec 25, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #133 of 201
How often is this actually a problem with normal use for you?
I get that's it's an issue and something that should not be there, but it's also something I don't think 99% of all users will ever notice...
This is true, but the concern is more that it's sign of something not right with the circuitry, like I mentioned previously, I had one incident with extremely loud distortion, it was like voltage feedback from the 4.4 output, I've not had any issues with the XLR output.

Dec 25, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #134 of 201
This is true, but the concern is more that it's sign of something not right with the circuitry, like I mentioned previously, I had one incident with extremely loud distortion, it was like voltage feedback from the 4.4 output, I've not had any issues with the XLR output.
Was there any cases of HP drivers blown? I wouldn't like funeral of HD800S. I really like this amp but if something goes wrong well S17 Pro here I come.

Dec 25, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #135 of 201
I think it could be firmware as well, not necessarily the circuit itself.
Nevertheless, it's a shame that you ha e issues with your unit. Have you contacted the store where you bought it and gotten their input?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back