Toppin A30 and D30 pro stack
Mar 7, 2022 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Headphones and Coffee

Previously known as Wretched Stare
20220124_182610.jpg

Using this now for about a month instead of my usual SMSL sp200 and M100 here are my thoughts and observations.
Starting with the A30 pro amplifier. It's a well-made and good-looking product the circular vents on top give it a nice amount of air flow and premium atheistic performance is quite amazing. The A30 pro has lots of power 6W @16Ω and 840mW @ 300Ω with a very low noise floor plus with no clipping. Sound is neutral with warmth it has very good details, excellent rich mids that are clear and Bass response is very good. Its airy and dynamic range with better than average layering soundstage is not the widest, but it is a respective north of medium size.
The D30 pro DAC has all of the same great build quality as its mate. It comes with a remote and while it's just a simple few buttons it does come in handy. The pairing of the two opens up the soundstage and gives it an overall more depth and fullness. The D30 pro smooths out the sound a little particularly in Mid-Bass and lower Mids it adds more punch to Bass in general but maintains good control. The vocals still present full and rich and treble is just a little more controlled and subdued. Overall they are complementing to each other as they were intended to be and this is almost a budget reference combo that I'm sure most will love.

Mar 18, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 3
I think the E30 would be fine with A30 Pro. In fact E30 would be fine into almost any amp. I use an E30 or D30 Pro with A90 or into my Bottlehead amps .... excellent performers!

E50 is another one I use and it is also excellent. If you need more voltage out (through XLR) an E50 or D30 Pro is a good way to go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back