Top 5 Headphones, Which One To Pick? (H6 / SRH1540 / P7 / M-100 / Spirit Pro)
May 30, 2015 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

OfficialRosche

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
So after much deliberation and suggestions from a few members on here I've picked out my top 5 headphones and I was hoping some of you more knowledgable HeadFi members could help suggest which one suits my needs best? I listen to Hip/Hop (Lighter rap like Chance The Rapper), some EDM and on the other side of the spectrum occasionally some Jack Johnson or John Mayer. I'll be running the Headphones through a Topping NX2.

BeoPlay H6 - Good Aesthetics apparently a very clean and detailed sound but lacks a deep bass which I'm hoping to bring out with the NX2

Shure SRH1540 - Apparently one of the best headphones of 2014 and doesn't have very many drawbacks. Apparently the bass goes quite deep but doesn't deliver much punch.

B&W P7 - Seems to be the gold standard of headphones in the $300-$400 price range. I'm not sure how much I like the look and they are often quoted to be "over rated a little" although they 

V-Moda M-100 - Apparently the best option for Hip/Hop under $500, Good bass and I really like the Custom Ear Plates but I'm also worried they'll over compensate for bass on "softer songs". As of now these are my top pick.

Focal Spirit Pro -  I didn't do as much research on these but they seem to be just as good as any other headphone on the list and apparently deliver very detailed sound.

Its worth noting that these are the headphones that I'm sticking with. I'd appreciate if people could just offer up which one they think is best and not new ones to add to the list
Thanks!

May 31, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 5
  Hey guys,
So after much deliberation and suggestions from a few members on here I've picked out my top 5 headphones and I was hoping some of you more knowledgable HeadFi members could help suggest which one suits my needs best? I listen to Hip/Hop (Lighter rap like Chance The Rapper), some EDM and on the other side of the spectrum occasionally some Jack Johnson or John Mayer. I'll be running the Headphones through a Topping NX2.

BeoPlay H6 - Good Aesthetics apparently a very clean and detailed sound but lacks a deep bass which I'm hoping to bring out with the NX2

Shure SRH1540 - Apparently one of the best headphones of 2014 and doesn't have very many drawbacks. Apparently the bass goes quite deep but doesn't deliver much punch.

B&W P7 - Seems to be the gold standard of headphones in the $300-$400 price range. I'm not sure how much I like the look and they are often quoted to be "over rated a little" although they 

V-Moda M-100 - Apparently the best option for Hip/Hop under $500, Good bass and I really like the Custom Ear Plates but I'm also worried they'll over compensate for bass on "softer songs". As of now these are my top pick.

Focal Spirit Pro -  I didn't do as much research on these but they seem to be just as good as any other headphone on the list and apparently deliver very detailed sound.

Its worth noting that these are the headphones that I'm sticking with. I'd appreciate if people could just offer up which one they think is best and not new ones to add to the list
Thanks!

Most of the times, the right pick is down to preference. Can't go wrong with SRH-1540 or P7.
Focals are quite small for some, but still a highly regarded headphone.
There's also the Yamaha Pro 500 that suit your genres very well.

May 31, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 5

Most of the times, the right pick is down to preference. Can't go wrong with SRH-1540 or P7.
Focals are quite small for some, but still a highly regarded headphone.
There's also the Yamaha Pro 500 that suit your genres very well.

Do you think V-Moda's just aren't really in the same league as the P7 or SRH-1540?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back