Top 3 Soundtracks
Jul 12, 2003 at 12:00 PM Post #31 of 62
Quote:

Xanadu
Glitter
Ishtar

Errrrrrr. [Can't stop shuddering]

Well, if you liked those, may I recommend the Fernado Lamas spectacular "Roller Bogie"

Jul 12, 2003 at 12:18 PM Post #32 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Nisbeth
Yep!
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

Loved that movie. Leon (Jean Réno) from the Professional was in it I think.

Jul 13, 2003 at 3:31 AM Post #33 of 62
Surprised no one has mentioned The Graduate. It and The Mission seem to be the most ripped off by other soundtracks.

And thanks for the suggestion chadbang.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 13, 2003 at 6:45 AM Post #35 of 62
And I beg your pardon, that was a LORENZO Lamas spectacular.

Funny, I was just eyeing an LP of "The Graduate" yesterday. That is an excellent soundtrack.

Jul 15, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #37 of 62
You guys never disappoint me with your taste....many outstanding selections have been covered, tough limiting it to three, but:

Braveheart

Legends of the Fall

Barry Lyndon

JC

Jul 17, 2003 at 7:45 AM Post #42 of 62
<looks at the 70+ on his shelf next to him>

Er...better make it five...

Portrait of a Lady (Wojciech Kilar)
Last Temptation of Christ (Peter Gabriel)
Mishima (Philip Glass)
Conan the Barbarian (Basil Poledouris)
Plunkett & MacLeane (Craig Armstrong, guilty pleasure ^_^)

Honorable mentions include Koyaanisqatsi (Glass), Interview with a Vampire (Goldenthal), Out of Africa (Barry), Romeo & Juliet (Rota), and City of Lost Children (Badalamenti).

Jul 18, 2003 at 9:28 AM Post #43 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang
And I beg your pardon, that was a LORENZO Lamas spectacular.

Do you know if he is related to the late actor: FERNANDO Lamas?
Just curious, Thanks. Bat

Jul 24, 2003 at 7:02 PM Post #44 of 62
Based on the number of positive comments in this thread, I went out and bought the soundtrack from the motion picture Gladiator. I already own the soundtrack to another Russell Crowe movie; "The Insider" which is an awesome soundtrack and, like Gladiator, includes tracks by Lisa Gerrard.

Unfortunately, I found little to like in the Gladiator Soundtrack. Those of you who found it enjoyable might give "The Insider" soundtrack a try.

Other soundtracks besides "The Insider" that I DO like are:

- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Ennio Morricone)
- Patton (Jerry Goldsmith)
- Jaws (John Williams)

Jul 28, 2003 at 10:08 PM Post #45 of 62
Oh my!

1) The Thirteenth Floor - 1999 - composer Harold Kloser

I just bought this the other day as a blind purchase. I was not a fan of the movie, but the CD was only $3.00. I thought I'd give it a go as it is HDCD encoded. I almost cried when I heard the second track "Jane's Theme" (soft jazz piece). I promise you that anyone who adds this to their collection will be a happy camper. You will not be disappointed. By the way, this was the first CD I played on my recently purchased NAD T760, NAD C 541i, Grado SR125s, B&W DM303s and Audio Note Interconnects.

2) Magnolia - 1999 - Aimee Mann & Jon Brion

No other movie soundtrack has "moved" me quite like this one. Track eight "Wise Up" is worth price of admission alone. Haunting. Beautiful. I've been in love with Aimee ever since.

3) High Fidelity - 2000 - Various Artists

Pure fun! HDCD encoded to boot. This album sent me into a totally new direction of musical appreciation. This movie/sountrack turned me into a "professional music appreciator". Stevie Wonder's I Believe and Elvis Costello's Shipbuilding. Ouch!

Honourable mentions...

Punch-Drunk Love(Jon Brion)-standout track:He Needs Me

About A Boy(Badly Drawn Boy)-standout track:Silent Sigh

Talk To Her(Alberto Iglesias)-standount track:Cucurrucucú Paloma

Users who are viewing this thread

Back