Apr 10, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Nobody Does It Better - Carly Simon
2. Live and Let Die - Paul McCartney and Wings
3. For Your Eyes Only - Sheena Easton

+2

Apr 10, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #17 of 22
Well, when I think of a naked woman swinging around the barrel of a gun in the opening credits, I feel like the song must be sung by a woman. The song also needs to be erotic and sensual (climatic without climaxing, if you know what I mean), and I feel like Carly Simon and Sheena Easton does it better, capturing the essence of those opening images. Paul McCartney and Wings; just a brilliant song, echoing the danger, adventure, and suavity that is Bond, 007. It is a song that just trumps most everything else in my opinion.

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #18 of 22
Why hasn't anyone picked -Thunderball-? None of the others compare with Tom Jones going absolutely bananas!

Apr 11, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why hasn't anyone picked -Thunderball-? None of the others compare with Tom Jones going absolutely bananas!

Ah, a man after my own heart. I was going through the thread thinking the same thing, eager to post "Thunderball" as the best. Probably the greatest song Tom Jones ever sang ... showing off his professionally-trained skills as a booming baritone!

Apr 11, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Louis Armstrong - We have all the time in the world (BTW, best flick too.)

beautiful song....heard it was his last song?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quantum of Solace is the worst.

totally

Btw...anyone heard Moby's James Bond theme? who composed the original tune?

Apr 15, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They say Thunderball was Sean's favorite movie. If you want to add Tom Jones to the list then Matt Munro should be added to the list for "From Russia with Love".

Good Album
The_Best_Of_Bond.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back