Top 3 IEMs under $100 ?
Jan 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

ajamils

New Head-Fier
I currently have following headphone

- BeyerDynamic DT990 (Being used strictly for PS3/Xbox gaming)
- Monoprice DJ Headphones
- JVC HA-FX1X (love them!!)
- Brainwavz Beta (good but these are falling part)

I'm looking to get some new IEM to compliment JVC HA-FX1X (read: bass!!) and I looking to spend no more than $100, unless I REALLY have to (like I did wiht DT990). I have read many threads and there are tons of recommendations that it is impossible to choose.

I listen to following type of music (mostly mp3s @ 320Kbps on iPod and computer {via Fiio E17} )
- 80s Metal
- Heavy Metal
- Pop
- RnB / Rap (occasionally)

One of the important requirements is that headphone should have a good case, I tend to break them in my bag without it. My friend swears by UE TrippleFi and though I like the sound, they don't feel very comfortable. I also tried Klipch X10; they are comfortable but I didn't like the sound that much.

Given the criteria, what are my top 3 choices ? 

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #8 of 19
I'm looking at this price range as well, because I need to replace my broken Meelectronics M11+. I'm looking at the Shure SE215 at the moment, because it's easily available at a good price for me. Is there anything in the price range that compares and has a similarly warm sound signature?

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #9 of 19
I'm looking at this price range as well, because I need to replace my broken Meelectronics M11+. I'm looking at the Shure SE215 at the moment, because it's easily available at a good price for me. Is there anything in the price range that compares and has a similarly warm sound signature?

From everything that I have read so far Shure 215 seems like the best choice. They look great, come with all accessories and as for sound, there are high praises about it on Amazon reviews.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:
From everything that I have read so far Shure 215 seems like the best choice. They look great, come with all accessories and as for sound, there are high praises about it on Amazon reviews.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for confirming my feelings, I've ordered them! I'm curious to hear how they compare to my broken M11+, and I hope they will last me at least a year (or two). I've heard a number of bad stories about the cable and the connectors, but I'm just going to have to gamble it.

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #15 of 19
I just ordered a pair of Shure 215 with a Andriod cord. I liked the idea it has a phone cord tho expensive and people say its good for running. I wanted to tried the Vsonic's because of the rave reviews here but I don't know if it will stay in during workouts and it has no phone cord. I purchased from earsolutions 25 percent off with code color on thrusday. It has a two year warranty. I worried if it will feel comfortable because of reviews on this site and some others. It has a 30 day return policy. I almost bought the Phonak PFE 121 but conflicts on whether the phone cord would work with Samsung came up. Then I almost went with the TDK 200's it is noted here for great SQ but I read a review on Sound and Vision that was very poor on the set. I'm excited about having a IEM that may stay in and feel good. This set sounds like a good combination of things working well. I would have like to have ordered ones with multiply drivers and such but either very expensive or not made for sports. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back