top 3 headphones for hip hop and pop and dance music ( max price 1500$ with amp)
Feb 7, 2016 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

OmidelF

100+ Head-Fier
please tell me your top3 headphones for hip hop and dance and pop music

but i wanted to be very comfortable , like even if wearing it 5-6 hour would not make the ear tired 

also have a good bass since i mostly listen  to hip hop and trance and pop

my personal choice is Beyerdynamic t1 with Beyerdynamic A20 Amp , since they both cost very good where i live 
do you think this is good to make me go wow when i listen to music ? also i already have a denon d2000 but its kinda broken :frowning2:

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 11
It's too bad your D2000 is broken. Can't you have it fixed? I think it's a pretty suitable headphone for hip hop, dance and pop music. The T1 really isn't as it doesn't provide satisfying boom imo.

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 11
I'm really surprised by how well my new Audio-Technica AD1000x are on everything. I've been listening to lots of darkwave/industrial/goth today and the bass is very good. I have the AD900x and it's a bit anemic in that regard with the lowest octaves completely missing. The AD1000x brings back those missing octaves and adds some midbass warmth/punch. Best bass I've heard in a headphone and that's just straight out of my cheap laptop with youtube. Getting a proper amp/dac next week, NuPrime uDSD. I haven't heard any of the Denon's or Fostex headphones but any more bass and the AD1000x would get overbearing. For reference, of the few reviews I've found, the AD1000x is nearly identical in sound to the AD2000x with the latter just using a different magnet material and having very slight differences in sonic signature. I'm also using Brainwavz hm5 velour pads and going to order some Audeze microsuede pads to try out. The increases ear depth seems to help bass definition. Total system price with dac/amp and pads will come to about $560.

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #6 of 11
  It's too bad your D2000 is broken. Can't you have it fixed? I think it's a pretty suitable headphone for hip hop, dance and pop music. The T1 really isn't as it doesn't provide satisfying boom imo.

i mean there must be some headphone better than d2000 right ?! i mean that was made back in 2010 or something also there is a lot of headphones outhere ! there most be some headphones that are better than denon d2000 in genres that i mentioned

Quote:
  I'm really surprised by how well my new Audio-Technica AD1000x are on everything. I've been listening to lots of darkwave/industrial/goth today and the bass is very good. I have the AD900x and it's a bit anemic in that regard with the lowest octaves completely missing. The AD1000x brings back those missing octaves and adds some midbass warmth/punch. Best bass I've heard in a headphone and that's just straight out of my cheap laptop with youtube. Getting a proper amp/dac next week, NuPrime uDSD. I haven't heard any of the Denon's or Fostex headphones but any more bass and the AD1000x would get overbearing. For reference, of the few reviews I've found, the AD1000x is nearly identical in sound to the AD2000x with the latter just using a different magnet material and having very slight differences in sonic signature. I'm also using Brainwavz hm5 velour pads and going to order some Audeze microsuede pads to try out. The increases ear depth seems to help bass definition. Total system price with dac/amp and pads will come to about $560.

only A900X is available where i live :frowning2:

Quote:
DT-770 (not low Ohm) or DT 1770.
Fostex
Denons

but why on the beyerdynamic website its says that DT 1770 is made for music producers and studios ?! does that mean its not very good for people who wanna listen to pop and dance and hip hop and trance in their home ?! 

also what about this :Sennheiser HD8 DJ  , is this good for listening to music genres that i mentioned ?

or what about these headphones ? :  hd 600 , 650 or 700  , beyerdynamic t5p  , Blue Mo-Fi ?

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 11
DT1770 is a sho-in for modern bombastic music!

Same goes for fostex dynamics and ZMF planars or Audeze LCD-X and 2

They are more forgiving of "hot" recordings than most headphones in this price range, T1 could get toppy fast.

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #8 of 11

i mean there must be some headphone better than d2000 right ?! i mean that was made back in 2010 or something also there is a lot of headphones outhere ! there most be some headphones that are better than denon d2000 in genres that i mentioned

Well, I remember thinking that the Fostex TH-600 was an upgrade to the D5000. So it will probably go for the D2000 too. Is there anything specific you don't like about the D2000 or want improved?

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #10 of 11
Fostex TH-X00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back