Top 2000 Critically Acclaimed Albums of All Time
Jun 7, 2004 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Lindy

100+ Head-Fier
For those of you who like lists, this is about the biggest one I've ever seen. There's a bunch of other interesting lists there as well. I find a comparison of the US list vs the UK list interesting.

To get to the big list, click on the words "All Time" in the upper left-hand corner of their site.

Top 2000 Critically Acclaimed Albums of All Time

"Search" does not seem to be active this morning -- apologies in advance if this has been covered before.

Jun 7, 2004 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 13
Hmm, this'll take awhile.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 13
Oh boy another list
biggrin.gif

Seems like good choices for mainstream rock/pop top 200......only negative I have is seems to be too heavily weighted with older 1960/70 era albums.

Cool site with lots of other lists to check out.

Jun 7, 2004 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy
For those of you who like lists, this is about the biggest one I've ever seen. There's a bunch of other interesting lists there as well. I find a comparison of the US list vs the UK list interesting.

Interesting...........I find the UK & World versions of 200 list more to my liking also.
icon10.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 13
I only see 200, but...whatever...nice site, though...I'll be checking out the 80's and 90's to see if there's any Skinny Puppy in there...

Jun 7, 2004 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk:
I only see 200, but...whatever

The links to the 2000 top albums and 2000 top singles are not very clearly labeled. They are in the top left hand corner of the page for the link I gave and both of them say "All Time" underneath the words "Albums" and "Singles".

Also, they list only 200 per page. You have to click on the link at the top of the page to advance to the next group of 200.

Here are direct links if some browsers don't like to correctly display the frames.

Top 2000 Albums
Top 2000 Singles
---

Jun 8, 2004 at 1:13 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy
The links to the 2000 top albums and 2000 top singles are not very clearly labeled. They are in the top left hand corner of the page for the link I gave and both of them say "All Time" underneath the words "Albums" and "Singles".

Also, they list only 200 per page. You have to click on the link at the top of the page to advance to the next group of 200.

---

Hard to believe Radiohead (OK Computer) and Public Enemy (Nation of Millions) came in front of Pink Floyd (DSOTM)

Jun 9, 2004 at 2:58 AM Post #9 of 13
Unholy carp! That's a lot of reading, and it's just album names...I wonder how many I have...initial looksee seems to indicate quite a few...

Jun 9, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #10 of 13
i had a quick look-see at work today and there seems to be a lot of great stuff. i happened to browse through 1981 (one of my fave years in music anyway) and was pleasantly surprised to see The Human League's "Dare!" made the top of the list. one glaring ommission was Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark's "Architecture and Morality" didn't make it; which is odd because it had just as much impact on electronic pop music as "Dare!," and did just as well in the UK. in fact, i don't remember seeing any OMD in any of the lists at all...

Jun 9, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #11 of 13
Excellent!

(whips out notepad, cracks knuckles, prepares to copy n paste away)

biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #12 of 13
Hey, gloco, long time no see!

[size=xx-small]How'd you get this long without a custom title...?[/size]

Jun 11, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #13 of 13
Man, that's quite a list.

Beatles Revolver is listed at #1 all time. Not a bad choice IMHO.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back