Top 10 MP3 Players (SQ ONLY)
Jul 8, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #136 of 153
the d2 can push out 'bass' if you pump it up but not detaled bass as you get all the upper bass unless you use phones rather than low ohm canals and iems. it has absurd bass roll off in a small stage so the details in the bass are gone but you will nice booms.

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #137 of 153
For a short period of time, I had a 3rd gen ipod nano (first ipod), but SQ was horrible compared to my iriver U10. I returned the nano immediately. pity the u10 broke soon after.

After doing a lot of research, I ended up purchasing the Sony NWZ-A818, which I am very happy with. The SQ is very good, and I leave the EQ on flat. I'm using AKG K81djs with them. Of course, my definition of good is by comparing to my iriver and my temporary nano...

Only issue I can think of with the Sony is that the amp is kind of weak. Does anyone know how they work with Senn PMX100 or Koss KSC75? the 60 ohm on the koss might be too much for the sony...

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #138 of 153
if you are fine with u10 and sony 810, then you would certainly be happy with nano 3g. i have the 828, have extensively hear the 810 and have had um2, e500 and other sensitive phones and the sony hisses too much. has lovely bass but i miss the delicate separation that the ipod 3g nano puts out. they are all lovely players though for different reasons.

the sony models only really shine with sonic stage when they can use native codecs and gapless playback

Jan 27, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #139 of 153
I dont see my gen 1 shuffle in there...

Jan 27, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #140 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildsurfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, it's amazing how you judge without even understanding french.
Thank you Kel Ghu for the explanation, they badly needed it.

I'm one of the guys who did this ranking. We use lossless or high bitrate mp3 when it's not possible, we have all the headphones and iems we need, we listen in a quiet environment, maybe you don't agree with us -it's your right after all- but I really don't see what there is to criticize.
As for the older models, we dediced to remove them from the list because even if a lot of our forum members are high-end enthousiasts, most of the blog readers are just curious about sq or simply enjoy gadgets and aren't interested in old and ugly daps (which I love
biggrin.gif
). That is also why we listen straight from the headphone out.
If there are questions about our test protocol or whatever you think is relevant when it comes to sq, please be my guest !

We met last saturday but didn't have the time to do other comparisons. We'll meet again in a week or so and are looking forward to do it this time.

oh crap, where is Coby in the ranking?

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #143 of 153
Well i have D2 and sony A829 and I seem to prefer the D2 with my grados sr225.

I think i prefer how BBE effect works with it. Have not properly done a full comparison between both, due to time and not having enough silence around me, but when I finish my exams at University i will give it a go.

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #144 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My D2 is gettin' kinda dusty - trying to sell it through my buddy's job. Gonna miss the baby - but Sony's gonna' get my LUV!!!

Which Sony? I don't seene in your sig.

Feb 10, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #145 of 153
ok, my previous post mentioned DAPS of a bygone era, allowing that as an excuse. but where is tonium pacemaker on the list, current production model, great line out. best sounding dap i have ever heard, and i have heard lotssssss.

again, i kind of understand, the list is for commercial type products. but commercial doesnt always cut it!

Feb 10, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #146 of 153
that french website rating was one of the reason i bought my Sony 818.. It's nice, but it's not THAT great. The best is if you can audition the players personally to find one that suits your music.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #149 of 153
At he first one clix2 is th best sounding dap and the sony a-810 was second.

On the updated list Sony looks better than clix2.what changed? firmware or something else?

Also there are something weird on here like MEizu is too down and no way İpod 3g is better than touch,Nano sounds nastily thin and It shouldnt be even on the list for me..
And yes as many other said Sansa Clip/Fuze should have been on the list,

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #150 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by swilly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For a short period of time, I had a 3rd gen ipod nano (first ipod), but SQ was horrible compared to my iriver U10. I returned the nano immediately. pity the u10 broke soon after.

After doing a lot of research, I ended up purchasing the Sony NWZ-A818, which I am very happy with. The SQ is very good, and I leave the EQ on flat. I'm using AKG K81djs with them. Of course, my definition of good is by comparing to my iriver and my temporary nano...

Only issue I can think of with the Sony is that the amp is kind of weak. Does anyone know how they work with Senn PMX100 or Koss KSC75? the 60 ohm on the koss might be too much for the sony...

I'm searching with what to replace my fantastic iriver u10? can you recommend me something similar bass sounding but better SQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back