Top 10 MP3 Players (SQ ONLY)
May 18, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #16 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What other players do you have experience in?

All mentioned above dude..

Including Samsung YP-P2

May 18, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #17 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All mentioned above dude..

Including Samsung YP-P2

eek.gif

No offense, but that is pretty hard to believe. Unless you coincidentally chose the "top 10" players along your portable journey..or you are rich...I don't know if there is anyone who has tried every single player out there. Could be wrong though, but still so hard to believe.

BTW: I am not a dude.
wink.gif

May 18, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #18 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ouch, they removed Zune 80 from the ranking

They just got bored with it
rolleyes.gif
. But that's okay, we might see it again when they get the mood for Samba music.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #19 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by triggerc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love how the website that did the review was called "generationmp3".

You know, since all of those players have great FLAC support and the like.

By the way, does the Zune 80 differ in SQ?

May 18, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #20 of 153
iStock_canofworms.jpg

May 18, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #21 of 153
There are some true audiophile quality DAPs available like Kenwood HD60GB9, Cowon A2,A3 and iMod ipod(kind of bulk with AMPs but the ultimate portable gear
icon10.gif
). Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Portable music never sounded so good huh?

IMO, Sony is the best combo of SQ + Interface

May 18, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #24 of 153
The Bang & Olufsen Beosound 2 is the best sounding MP3 player i have heard , i have owned over a hundred , The Iaudio X5 is a close second, followed by the Monolith Premium. My mate has bought the Beosound 6 (a repackaged Samsung Z5 with a B&O redesigned DSP) , he says it is very close to the Beosound 2 but not quite as dynamic.

May 18, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #25 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by doomlordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Bang & Olufsen Beosound 2 is the best sounding MP3 player i have heard , i have owned over a hundred ,

rolleyes.gif

May 18, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #26 of 153
Quote:

There are some true audiophile quality DAPs available like Kenwood HD60GB9, Cowon A2,A3 and iMod ipod(kind of bulk with AMPs but the ultimate portable gear:allteeth.

As above, but if average prices were considered only that list is pretty accurate. The yp-p2 sounded really good, I wouldn't mind one if I'm not going imod. I don't really like how the p2 looks as well though.

May 18, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #27 of 153
Are these out of the HP out with stock buds???

May 18, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #30 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif

BTW: I am not a dude.
wink.gif

Dudess then maybe??
biggrin.gif

And about the subject at hand...
Recently discovered that my old Discman in combination with an iQube. That combo blowed the iPod(classic/touch/nano G2/G3)>quables silvercap>iQube out of the water. So recently I bought a Technics sl-xp170, which sound signature I appreciate more.

But I stand by my point that the Zune sounds less dynamic to me than the iPod family.

Comparing the newest iPods, i found the classic as neutral and detailed, touch as more engaging/warm and the nano 3G as grainy. Living with the Touch for a longer time now, i have the feeling it has a jitter problem. The highs are harsh and flat sounding and have the feeling that the Touch could do more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back