Tooth-Fi..... How many teeth do you have?
Dec 7, 2005 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
It's been a bad year for me tooth wise, I've had 6 pulled over the past couple of months and all of the extractions have required further visits to the dentist to get large pieces of bone removed..... not a good year for teeth my end.

So....... how many teeth do you own? Don't include falsers or bridges etc. just real teeth....... me, I have 14 remaining mostly on the bottom (only 4 on the top
frown.gif
)

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 66
Hey be happy ou still have 10 too many to work at a carnival
eek.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 66
All my teeth are still around thank God...

I've been lucky with mine, never had a cavity in my adult teeth or a root canal (my wife had 2). Even all four of my wisdom teeth have come in and didn't need to be pulled...

Edit: after looking at the poll, I knew adults had 32 teeth, but does that include wisdom teeth? in other words, do I have 32 teeth total, or 32 plus 4 wisdom teeth?

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 66
oh hold on i had my 4 wisdom teeth removed - does that mean i have 28 now? i voted wrong!

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
oh hold on i had my 4 wisdom teeth removed - does that mean i have 28 now? i voted wrong!

Oh for crying out loud, just count. 28 + 4 wisdom teeth (my lower ones have not broken skin but are there). Technically, I have 31.75 teeth. 1/4 of one of my top front teeth is fake, but the dentist always did a phenomenal job of matching the bonding that even I can't tell. My wisdom teeth are impacted, but they do not cause me any problems so I have not had them removed.

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #8 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Hey be happy ou still have 10 too many to work at a carnival
eek.gif

heh, my front teeth went when I was 21..... I was riding a Honda CBX 1000 and a guy pulled out in front of me.... I slammed into the side of him came off the bike and slid along the road at 80mph head first into a kerb smashing out most of my front teeth. I got a nice bridge made for the top and bottom but a year later the top bridge was smashed out by a nutter weilding a table leg (smashed me as hard as he could in the face with it) which meant I needed yet another bridge (and root canal) and a truckload of stitches.... was fine until I went to Ibiza..... hired a Ducati 900 and smashed into a beach buggy @ 50mph which caused me to fly about 50 yards through the air and (you guessed it) land on my face..... came back to London and it was time for yet another bridge.

The rest of my teeth are actually healthy but it's the bone and gums that have given up the ghost so it looks like the entire top of my mouth will be false by March next year..... good in a way as I can remove them if I ever decide to ride a bike again
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Oh for crying out loud, just count. 28 + 4 wisdom teeth (my lower ones have not broken skin but are there). Technically, I have 31.75 teeth. 1/4 of one of my top front teeth is fake, but the dentist always did a phenomenal job of matching the bonding that even I can't tell. My wisdom teeth are impacted, but they do not cause me any problems so I have not had them removed.

Haha, I was too lazy to google what a full set of teeth was supposed to be. For instance, if the fully monty included wisdom teeth, yep, I'm 28. But if the full monty didn't include those, then for folks with those still in there might have been 36! So i didn't know the base # to start counting from - again, because I was too lazy to look it up.

So I guess I'm 28.
k1000smile.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #10 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
heh, my front teeth went when I was 21..... I was riding a Honda CBX 1000 and a guy pulled out in front of me.... I slammed into the side of him came off the bike and slid along the road at 80mph head first into a kerb smashing out most of my front teeth. I got a nice bridge made for the top and bottom but a year later the top bridge was smashed out by a nutter weilding a table leg (smashed me as hard as he could in the face with it) which meant I needed yet another bridge (and root canal) and a truckload of stitches.... was fine until I went to Ibiza..... hired a Ducati 900 and smashed into a beach buggy @ 50mph which caused me to fly about 50 yards through the air and (you guessed it) land on my face..... came back to London and it was time for yet another bridge.

The rest of my teeth are actually healthy but it's the bone and gums that have given up the ghost so it looks like the entire top of my mouth will be false by March next year..... good in a way as I can remove them if I ever decide to ride a bike again
tongue.gif

maybe you should stay away from motorcycles. just a thought
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #11 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd

tongue.gif

eek.gif
holy crapola! You've been through the works! I freakin hate motorcycles (unless I'm watching those crazies on espn jumping 100+ feet in the air and pulling the sick tricks off). I broke my femur on a quad about 15 years ago, compound fracture actually... it was pretty rough... no more bikes for me (just jet skis
icon10.gif
)

I think dental work is got to be the worst of the bunch, you have my sympathy!

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #12 of 66
hahaha
I don't know!

I just counted 17 on the bottom?

Can you have an odd number of teeth!?

I have to go to the dentist today. He can explain.

FACT:

I lost all my baby teeth by age nine. Punx rawk!

(Two of them were knocked out in a back-seat fight with my brother. Elbow + mouth + bloody spit + his face.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back