Toot Sweet (It's Really Love) - Johnny Carson Theme Song.
Feb 20, 2015 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MrTechAgent

Member of the Trade: Kaldas Research
Hey guys, I am looking for a digital version of this record, this is just a classy song and the origin of Carson's theme song for the Tonight Show. I have Doc Severinsen's album but I can't seem to find this any where. It seems to be a very limited release.
If anyone knows where I'll be able to buy this record (Digital) it'll be appreciated. 

I miss Johnny!

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 6
  Hey guys, I am looking for a digital version of this record, this is just a classy song and the origin of Carson's theme song for the Tonight Show. I have Doc Severinsen's album but I can't seem to find this any where. It seems to be a very limited release.
If anyone knows where I'll be able to buy this record (Digital) it'll be appreciated. 

I miss Johnny!

I found the Annette Funicello version on Spotify. But you would hardly recognize it. LOL

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #3 of 6
I also found a version by Celly Campello. At least it is recognizable. LOL

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #4 of 6
  I found the Annette Funicello version on Spotify. But you would hardly recognize it. LOL

I like Annette Funicello's version but..not really looking for that.
Tutti Camarata's original is very classy, I don't know I'm just a huge fan of the music from that era, partly because I never grew up in that time period, not even remotely close to that time period.

I have a feeling there are no Digital versions available, it was a very limited release and after Johnny took over the publishing rights I doubt they were sold. The person who uploaded it on YouTube basically ripped it. He seems to be doing that for many rare records.

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #5 of 6
If you think the recording is good you should have heard it live. Doc and the band were superb!!!!

Feb 27, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 6
  If you think the recording is good you should have heard it live. Doc and the band were superb!!!!

Mr Rick, I finally got the track, I contacted the upload-er and he hooked me up with the Toot Sweet track and another special limited release "Top Brass" composed by Paul Anka in lossless.
These two - 

I did get some information and indeed these were never released to the public, at least the top brass, making them quite rare. I'm glad he gave them to me, quite a gentleman . He is in showbiz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back