Tool
Sep 23, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by noname
Someone posted earlier asking if Tool listeners had a lot of angst.. well I think I have a pretty varied taste in music (Rock/Metal/Jazz/Classical/Folk/Indie) and I keep exploring new music styles but every time I return to Tool and am amazing. It is something about their music that strikes a chord (probably D
wink.gif
) with me. Pu**** (live) on Salival and the song Lateralus.. wow.

And to the submitter of this thread, if Tool doesn't jive with you, don't force it down your ears. Explorer other genres/bands and come back later to see if it works. For me they clicked right away (2001) and I've been liking them more each listen, hehe I have actually listen to their songs over 4000 times in total
eek.gif

Same thing with me too. I listen mainly to electronica, but as soon as I heard Tool I instantly became a fan of their music. Not sure what it is exactly, but I think its a combination of the vocals and "progressive" metal aspect of the music that really strikes a chord with me. The track "Reflection" is a perfect example of what I what I mean, clearly metal but also so much more.

Alot people also recommended that I listen to other metal bands such as Opeth, Iron Maiden etc, but however much I appreciated the quality of music they still sounded very different to Tool. Closest was "A Perfect Circle" but even then, their was still something missing.

I can't wait till their next album!!!

Sep 24, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #32 of 37
Tool is great and I love enjoy their complex music and lyrics. If you'd like to have a better insight into what some of their lyrical content is about I recomend this book "Nothing in This Book Is True, but It's Exactly How Things Are" - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Seeing Tool live is amazing. I saw them in the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul which is relativly new and has excellent sound.

Sep 24, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #33 of 37
Of all those boots that eyeteeth has (and what a collection
eek.gif
), my favorite was the Oklahoma City date in 2002. Great sound quality and they played Third Eye. I saw them at the LA Forum in 2001. Outstanding!!

I cannot wait for the live DVD and the studio album. Should be masterpieces. Tool is one of those bands that have gotten better with every release, IMO.

Sep 29, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #34 of 37
I just heard Salival by Tool. Not only is it the most astounding live album i've ever heard, its so taunting knowing that i've never seen them live, and wont see them live for probably a year. The songs are not only cleaner on the live version, but also MUCH more creative and mind bending. While I really do love Tool, i dont get why they have "songs" like LAMC, Ions, etc. They just seem like filler to me. But mabey im the only one.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 29, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
I just heard Salival by Tool. Not only is it the most astounding live album i've ever heard, its so taunting knowing that i've never seen them live, and wont see them live for probably a year. The songs are not only cleaner on the live version, but also MUCH more creative and mind bending. While I really do love Tool, i dont get why they have "songs" like LAMC, Ions, etc. They just seem like filler to me. But mabey im the only one.
rolleyes.gif

Songs like that are very trippy and keep the "flow" going with the album I think, maybe it's a break from the incredible music driven into your ears. I guess you would have to ask them to be sure though.

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
rolleyes.gif

I guess this is the next best thing.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=61791

Jump on this sucker, because it is supposed to be insane. All of you owe it to yourself to get this torrent. It will whet your appetite for the DVD
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
I guess this is the next best thing.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=61791

Jump on this sucker, because it is supposed to be insane. All of you owe it to yourself to get this torrent. It will whet your appetite for the DVD
biggrin.gif

What are you linking to? I dont want to sign up just to download the torrent. Mabey its on a public torrent site like torrentspy.com

Edit: Even if i wanted to sign up, it wont let me because of some member limitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back