Tool - "Pushit"
Sep 29, 2002 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
After reading the thread in the Member's Lounge this song just popped in my head.

I will choke until I swallow... Choke this infant here before me. What is this but my reflection? Who am I to judge and strike you down? But you're pushing and shoving me. You still love me and you pu**** on me. Rest your trigger on my finger, bang my head upon the fault line. Take care not to make me enter. 'cause if I do we both may disappear. But you're pushing me, shoving me. Pu**** on me. Slipping back into the gap again. I'm alive when you're touching me, alive when you're shoving me down. But i'd trade it all for just a little bit of piece of mind. Put me somewhere I don't wanna be. Seeing someplace I don't wanna see. Never wanna see that place again. Saw that gap again today as you were begging me to stay. Managed to push myself away, and you, as well. If, when I say I may fade like a sigh if I stay, you minimize my movement anyway, I must persuade you another way. There's no love in fear. Staring down the hole again. Hands upon my back again. Survival is my only friend. Terrified of what may come. Just remember I will always love you, even as I tear your ****ing throat away. But it will end no other way.

Sep 29, 2002 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 9
Have you ever heard the extended live version off Salival with the tabla solo? It is hauntingly beautiful. That version is probably my favorite song.

We've been trying something
a little different this tour.
We've been looking at
one of our songs
from a different angle,
under a different light,
so we can hopefully kind of
see it almost for the first time.
We'd like try that for you tonight, is that okay?

We're gonna need your help though.
We're gonna need your help
and your permission,
so we need you to find
a comfortable space,
that is not only comfortable,
but vulnerable.
I want you to shut your eyes and go there,
and we'll meet you on the other side..

Sep 30, 2002 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 9
I actually wrote a parody of the lyrics to this song and posted them on toolarmy.com.

Here they are for your amusement.......p.s. I like the Salival version best too.

Poo **** (a Parody)

I will eat until I fill up... eat this buffet here before me. What is this but my nutrition? Who am I to choose and scarf you down? But you're scarfin and shovelling. You still love me and you poo **** on me.

Rest your finger on my paper, bang my head upon the dispenser. Take care not to smell my **** 'cause if you do you just may disappear. But I’m pushing it, shoving it. Poo **** on me. Slipping back into the toilet again. I'm alive when you're pushing me, alive when you're shoving me down. But i'd trade it all for just a little bit of piece of wipe. Put me somewhere I don't wanna be. Seeing someplace I don't wanna see. Never wanna see that place again.

I took a crap again today as you were begging me to spray. Managed to push my turds away, and you, as well. If, when I say I may fart like a sigh if I stay, you minimize my bowel movement anyway, I must persuade you another way. There's no corn in there. Staring down the hole again. Hands upon my ass again. Laxative is my only friend. Terrified of what may come. Just remember I will always love poo, even as I pinch your ****ing loaf away. But it will end no other way.

Sep 30, 2002 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Have you ever heard the extended live version off Salival with the tabla solo?

That is the version that I've been listening to lately. I especially like the last line:

I want you to shut your eyes and go there,
and we'll meet you on the other side..

Takes me back to my drug days...

Jeff, you need help.
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2002 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 9
pu**** (live) is too damn awesome. my favorite line though, is definitely:

what are you but my reflection?

it's almost as good as third eye at 7:12..

Sep 30, 2002 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 9
Yeah, damn right AWESOME...I find it hard to decide which version Ilike best...both are great...probably the live version also...

PU****-live version

Saw that gap again today
While you were begging me to stay
Take care not to make me enter
If I do, we both may disappear
If I do we both may disappear..

Saw that gap again today
Managed to push myself away
And you as well, My Dear
And you as well
Pushed you away, My Dear
Pushed you away
Pushed you away
Pushed you away, My Dear

I will choke until I swallow
Choke this infant here before me
What are you but my reflection?
Who am I to judge or strike you down?

But you pu**** and I'm shoving you
and you're pushing me
and I'm shoving you

Rest your trigger on my finger
Bang my head upon the fault line
Better take care not to make me enter

But you pu**** and I'm shoving you
and you're pushing me
and I'm shoving you

Still in love with me,
Your still in love with me,
Your Still in love with me,
Your pushing and were shoving and
Your Pushing and I'm shoving and
Still in love with me,
Your pushing and were shoving and
I'm pushing and Your shoving

I'm Slipping back into, the gap again
I feel alive when you touch me
I feel alive when you hold me down
Slipping back into
Slipping back into

I am somewhere I don't wanna be
Put me somewhere I don't wanna be
Push me somewhere I don't wanna be
Seeing someplace I don't wanna see
Never wanna see that place again

Saw that gap again today
Managed to push myself away
And you as well my dear

If, when I say I might fade like a sigh if I stay,
You minimize my movement anyway,
I must persuade you another way

Pushing, Shoving, Pushing, Shoving, Pushing me
There's no love in fear

Staring down the hole again
Hands are on my back again
Survival is my only friend
Terrified of what may come..yeah

Just remember I will always love you
Even as I tear your ****ing throat away
But it will end no other way
It will end no other way

Did you notice the small differences in the lyrics? The live version is more "personal" - in the live version one side is doing the pushing, the other side is doing the shoving and they alternatingly "change places"... "Your pushing and were shoving and Your Pushing and I'm shoving and Still in love with me"
... in the studio version "you" (the other side) is doing all the pusing and shoving and Maynard is the "pushed" side which gets fed up with being "pushed" all the time - "There's no love in fear". In the live version "you" clearly turns to be "my dear"...(ironically?) and the the key lines are emphasized over and over again (or at least twice):

Your Still in love with me,
Your still in love with me,Your pushing and were shoving and
Your Pushing and I'm shoving and
Still in love with me,

Pushed you away, My Dear
Pushed you away
Pushed you away
Pushed you away, My Dear

If I do we both may disappear..

But it will end no other way
It will end no other way

Quote:

by Grinch
pu**** (live) is too damn awesome. my favorite line though, is definitely: what are you but my reflection?

you are right - that's the quintessence of it all...well, anyway, great song...
smily_headphones1.gif
[

Oct 1, 2002 at 5:58 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Jeff, you need help.
biggrin.gif
[/B]

Oh you have no idea........
eek.gif

Actually, I never quite understood people's need to post and discuss tool lyrics. There are dozens of tool fans on toolarmy.com that get, IMHO, a bit TOO deep into tool lyrics. While I love tool myself and respect their work, I don't hold them up as minor gods in my life. They seem to inspire that sort of loyalty though.....

So, as a antidote to all of the overblown pontification I felt was going on from the 'true believers' who would bash anyone who expressed opinions different from themselves, I came up with this parody.

You may judge for yourself its useful/lessness.

Oct 1, 2002 at 3:39 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

So, as a antidote to all of the overblown pontification I felt was going on from the 'true believers' who would bash anyone who expressed opinions different from themselves, I came up with this parody.

That is awesome. I wish I would have seen it at toolarmy (which I'm sure it probably is buried, if not tell which which branch it is in.). I want to see the responses you got. I think discussing lyrics is cool, but you are right. Some people at Tool Army go overboard a lot and not just with lyrics. I still to this day can't figure out why some put the band members up on Mount Olympus. Sure they are talented, but some all most worship them. I always got the message that isn't what Tool wants you to do. I consider Tool to be peers to me. Same with any music artist or anyone else I respect for that matter. Well, I suppose Stephen Hawking is a little beyond me.

Oct 1, 2002 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry
Oh you have no idea........
eek.gif

Actually, I never quite understood people's need to post and discuss tool lyrics. There are dozens of tool fans on toolarmy.com that get, IMHO, a bit TOO deep into tool lyrics. While I love tool myself and respect their work, I don't hold them up as minor gods in my life. They seem to inspire that sort of loyalty though.....

You may judge for yourself its useful/lessness.

You don't have to hold a band as minor gods in order to pay attention to their lyrics...good lyrics always add depth to a song. Analizing the lyrics, for a person who likes poetry is a lot of fun just as much as was fun for you to ...[size=small]ANAL[/size]ize them...
evil_smiley.gif

I personally had some good laughs with your version
wink.gif
and probably if he was put on music I would have enjoyed it even better...

...so, I would not assume too much about "overblown pontification" and "fans on Toolarmy" with people you don't know, just because they pay attention to lyrics...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back