Tool:10000 Days vinyl
Dec 9, 2006 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

golgi

500+ Head-Fier
Do any of you know if and when this album will be released on vinyl? I hope so and hopefully they don't make it a picture disc.

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it mastered without the clipping of the CD version?

CD version Clipping?

confused.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 28
yea, there were some bass clipping issues on the cd version, I wasn't terribly impressed by the mastering.

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 28
Yeah, I second what JWFokker said because I asked at a couple of local stores about this and they said 10000 days isn't out on vinyl yet. Are you maybe thinking of the Lateralus vinyl?? Or maybe it just hasn't been released in the US yet.

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #9 of 28
Lateralus came out on vinyl 8/23/05. I wouldn't expect to see 10,000 Days any time soon.

And since I'm not getting answers in the thread I started about it, has anyone had problems with their Lateralus LP? On mine, the acoustic instruments sound out of tune. I heard that the very first batch was bad, but it was also suggested my copy was pressed out of round. Anyone have a similar experience?

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #10 of 28
The clipping is pretty bad on the CD. I like the album but I've been driven away from it by the clipping.

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:48 AM Post #11 of 28
I had heard that before the Lateralus lps were released, Tool released a small quantity that were autographed from their website. Those early versions with the autographs sell for nearly one thousand dollars and more sometimes. So maybe the 10000 days lp you saw on ebay could have been a similar release from the Tool site with autographs. At any rate, I hope to get this album on vinyl someday... I don't really care about the autograph part though.

I don't have Lateralus on vinyl so I can't comment on its sound quality. However, I do have Undertow on vinyl and it has certain parts that the instruments sound distorted like you are describing. I wonder if it's just a result of the cheap pressing.

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #12 of 28
That's strange. I'd heard the Undertow and Aenima LPs sounded great because they were recorded in analog and were pressed from the analog master. The newer albums were recorded digitally and then converted to analog (still better than CD format though), so they don't sound quite as good as the older albums.

Dec 11, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #13 of 28
It seems that tool used more compression on 10,000 days. Guess they gave into the whole volume race. I blame it on not working with dave botrell, botrell (production) and bob ludwig (for mastering) was the way to go for tool cds IMHO

Dec 11, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcsamms /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure. I definitely remember it on ebay, it was going for some absorbant amount of money.

paper money i take it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_cs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
paper money i take it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Not to throw the thread off topic here but cotton money actually. And I'm surprised you have never heard someone say that before, it is like one were to say that it "soaks up" a lot of money from your wallet. Maybe its just a maritime thing that we say, but I am sure someone from the maritimes will come on and say correct me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back