Took The Plunge - UE-11
Jun 28, 2008 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Luckyleo

Headphoneus Supremus
I need some advice. As noted on the title of this thread I pulled the trigger today and ordered the UE-11's. Very excited about it indeed. I will be getting my ear molds made next week. From time to time I've heard of people whose molds weren't exactly right and they ended up having to have them redone. I was wondering if there is anything I can to to ensure a great fit the first time.

Appreciate any advice!

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need some advice. As noted on the title of this thread I pulled the trigger today and ordered the UE-11's. Very excited about it indeed. I will be getting my ear molds made next week. From time to time I've heard of people whose molds weren't exactly right and they ended up having to have them redone. I was wondering if there is anything I can to to ensure a great fit the first time.

Appreciate any advice!

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Watch the video on the UE site & print out the instructions to bring to the audiologist,Make sure you use a bite block.
I am waiting for my UE11s to come back after having my ear molds redone & made sure to follow exactly how UE wants them done.

Jun 28, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Make sure you use a bite block.

And do [size=medium]NOT[/size], under any circumstances, move your jaw/eyes/nostrils/etc. during the molding process. I raised my eyebrows slightly (in response to an off-hand joke) during my first molding session, and the resulting IEMs were too small, and never sealed correctly.

Jun 28, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 12
yeah until the impression is done do not do a thing or any movement can screw it up just pretend if you move a muscle and you will get shot and then you won't have a problem keeping still
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Appreciate any advice!

Thanks
biggrin.gif

If they don't have a bite block, don't bite on your knuckles. You will be tensed, and there'll be a higher chance that you will move your facial muscles - find something solid to bite on.

It's very important that your face is relaxed and perfectly still during the solidification process! Don't talk to the audiologist, just ignore him
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 12
Thanks to all of you. I'll be going in this coming week and won't move a muscle! Didn't realize exactly how sensitive the process was to movement.

Appreciate the advice.

Jun 29, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 12
Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

The UE-11 Pro sure looks nice. And as of now are the only 'phone I want to buy...

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

The UE-11 Pro sure looks nice. And as of now are the only 'phone I want to buy...

Thanks! I'll let you know what I think after I receive them and have a chance to spend some time with them.

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #9 of 12
I messed up my impression twice.

First time, I put them in these little foam pouches my audiologist gave me. I think this compressed them. Drop them loose in the small box the audiologist gives you and ship that.

The second time, she didn't have a bite block, so I bit on the two middle knuckles of a finger. That time it came back two big and had pressure on the bottom. Use a bite block or maybe a finger, but be careful not to open too far... just a natural slack-jawed position.

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watch the video on the UE site...

Jeebus, I just watched that thing. Chris Cornell is WAY too active during the hardening process, IMO. All that blinking and laughing is bad juju. Again, I would suggest assuming a nice calm meditative position
biggrin.gif

Also note that as you're twisting in the finished IEMs for the first time, if they feel like they are too large, there's a good chance that you have a proper fit. They should be very, very snug. Without ear lube, mine take a good bit of torque to get into my ears. After a short time, though, they virtually disappear, and my noise isolation is incredible.

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

without ear lube, mine take a good bit of torque to get into my ears. After a short time, though, they virtually disappear, and my noise isolation is incredible.

Dang....ear lube.......this sounds like aural sex
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back