Too much choice: Sansa Fuze, Sony NWZ A818/Creative Zen (8GB-4GB)
Oct 4, 2008 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Serenity

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm at the moment looking for a new mp3-player as my old one seems to have mysteriously vanished together with my headphones...and I found this great forum while googling for reviews.
I hope you can help me because I'm simply overwhelmed by choices and information browsing through this forum didn't exactly help here
wink.gif

I think I limited my choices now to (8 or 4 GB)
Sansa Fuze / Sony 818 / Creative Zen

As much as I love Creative (had only good experience w/ their products) I think it's not the right player for me because I will mainly listen to music and hardly watch anything.
I'm also open for alternatives (except Ipod because of my personal opinion and Zune because I would have to import them).

Thanks for your help

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 8
What kind of earphones will you be using and what kind of music do you listen to? Do you like to use EQing and sound enhancements, or do you prefer to leave your settings flat?

Oct 4, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of earphones will you be using and what kind of music do you listen to? Do you like to use EQing and sound enhancements, or do you prefer to leave your settings flat?

Thank you for your response.
I'm no expert but I try to answer your question as good as I can.

I don't have any earphones now because they vanished together with my mp3 player. So I thought I will first check for a new player and then approach the headphone problem.
My preferred music is rock and metal.

About the equalizing and sound enhancements ...I usually play around a little to see what sounds best to me but my last (and only) player which was a Creative Zen V Plus was a little poor on that side. However in general I like to check a little as long as it isn't too complex/complicated.

Oct 4, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 8
The Sony might be the way to go then, the Fuze doesn't have any enhancements, and it's EQ function isn't great, plus the A818 actually comes with decent earphones from what I understand, so they can at least hold you over until you buy some others.

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #5 of 8
Another vote for the A818, from a fellow rock and metal listener. The EX082 is good, at least far better than the majority of bundled headphones. The seal and isolation isn't that great though.

On the other hand, the Fuze has an expansion slot and with the recent added support for Ogg and FLAC, may seem like the more obvious choice.

Oct 5, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 8
with sony u will be limited to the 8 gb capacity as there is no expansion slot.

but it has the benefit of having included premium earphones.

the fuze has expansion slot which works very nicely and integrates the library, while for the zen, the expansion slot is almost useless.

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #7 of 8
After your responses, I I decided I'm going with the Sony. The expansion slot isn't a very important point for me. With 8GB i will be more than happy, my last had only 2GB so this is going to be a huge improvement for me anyway
normal_smile .gif

Thanks again

Oct 5, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 8
today I got the samsung YP K3 and I must say it is freakin awesome. I have had sony, cowon, and zune in the past. And I am loving Samsung the most. It has amazing sound. SQ Very close to that of sony but with little of that synthetic sony bass. OMG I am loving this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back