Too many stickies
Aug 4, 2009 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

paaj

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone else feeling the amount of stickies is getting out of hand? I count eleven in the Full-Size forum. Seven here in the members lounge

Three should be enough right? One for warnings, one for rules and one for interesting information.
I could care less about a dedicated sticky just for fake Shure earplugs. I say combine these things, put links to the relevant topics in the stickies with a short description, and give us back our topic space.

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else feeling the amount of stickies is getting out of hand? I count eleven in the Full-Size forum. Seven here in the members lounge

Three should be enough right? One for warnings, one for rules and one for interesting information.
I could care less about a dedicated sticky just for fake Shure earplugs. I say combine these things, put links to the relevant topics in the stickies with a short description, and give us back our topic space.

This should be a sticky...
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #5 of 17
We need a new sticky to contain all the stickies, and a picture of megan fox to point to said sticky.

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by crossmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This. Make it happen.
wink.gif

Also, not to be an ***hat..but the title isn't exactly grammatically correct..

It's a common mistake we Dutch people make. I've made it countless times myself. In Dutch it doesn't matter if a noun is in singular or in plural or countable/ uncountable. It will be 'veel' either way.
wink.gif

Aside from that. The M. Fox option seems neat.

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #8 of 17
i agree there are too many. b/c of this, making something a sticky just means that the thread will no longer be read. it has the opposite effect.

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by crossmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This. Make it happen.
wink.gif

Also, not to be an ***hat..but the title isn't exactly grammatically correct..

What is the grammatically correct version? Probably much=many... right? I have known the rules for that one but always forget.

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #10 of 17
Less sticky threads would be nice indeed!
Linking to the important threads from 2-3 sticky threads, as you say.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 17
Yes! Thank you paaj for making this point, I have been tempted to start it myself, but never got to it.

An FAQ sub-forum would be good, all the stickies could live there, except for 1 about rules and 1 with other important info.

And then a couple of threads that are topical and important could be stickied temporarily, until they aren't topical anymore.

Stickies should also, except in a few cases, be locked, otherwise they just become untenably huge, and the discussion on the earlier pages is out of date or obsolete. Discussion should take place in another thread.

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #12 of 17
It has only ever bothered me in the full size forum, where non sticked threads don't appear on my screen before I scroll.

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Less sticky threads would be nice indeed!
Linking to the important threads from 2-3 sticky threads, as you say.

fewer page listings, as long as we're being pedantic.

I agree with apatN, we should just be able to choose
Threads/page:
[]25
[]50
[]100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back