too many songs..not enough battery life
Oct 9, 2003 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

Dweebgal

500+ Head-Fier
my ipod is starting to annoy me (shock horror!!!!)

it's very good for what it does and ewverything, but the short battery life is really starting to get to me, and the fact i carroy round music on me that i never seem to get chance to listen too (i have a v. hectic lifestyle)

so, what i'm thinking is getting a flash based player, which ones have a good sound to them?

i was thinking of the iriver ifp-395, because i need something that has at least 512mb, and this looks like it will be able to support ogg eventually.

any suggestions/notes on sound etc?

thanks.

(hey if anyone has one of these irivers kicking about and wants to swap it for my ipod, let me know
biggrin.gif
)

Oct 9, 2003 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 77
That's the flash player I want. Looks great. Can't comment on it unfortunately
smily_headphones1.gif
austonia reviewed the iFP-390 (the 256 MB version) and based on his comments as well as others, it sounds like it will be great. The fact that it can drive Ety ER-4's and KSC-35's well is all I need to know
smily_headphones1.gif
Check it out here: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=39377

And then there was this recent thread on the iFP-395 with a nice link to a review by dj_digital. That's here: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=46995

Yeah I've never understood having 20 GB of songs....and 8 hours to listen to all of it, before you have to recharge. Well, if you're going to have to recharge every 8 hours, what's the point of having more than 8 hours of music on your stupid MP3 player? I had the iRiver iMP-400 MP3/CD player and man, it bugged the crap out of me. I couldn't go a day without charging it.

Oct 9, 2003 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 77
Quote:

Originally posted by Dweebgal
512mb lets me get aprrox 5 (maybe more) albums on there, very nice.

Sounds about right. I have a 96 MB player and can fit only 1 album on it.

Oct 9, 2003 at 8:41 AM Post #5 of 77
and 5 albums suits me fine.

i'm never away from home either so i dont have to worry about travelling

Oct 9, 2003 at 9:07 AM Post #7 of 77
various reasons why i dont want to do that (although it had crossed my mind)

1. if i want more than 80 mins of music, i have to use lp2 (urrrgh, no lp4)seeing as i have hardly any music encoded at 128kb/s (which is equivilant of lp2 IIRC), it seems silly to lose even more quality.

2. if i use sp, for maximum sound quality, i might as well have a cd player, this is about taking a significant amount of music with me on the go, with good battery life (swapping discs in and out is a hassle)

3. i dont have the tiem for real time recording, and netmd is a pain in the backside.

Oct 9, 2003 at 10:05 AM Post #9 of 77
she's got the non-dockable i believe.

Oct 9, 2003 at 11:45 AM Post #12 of 77
If it's the non dockable, what kind of battery life are you getting? If I remember correctly, the 2G Ipods last considerably longer than the 3G's. What is it, about 10 hours you should be getting?

How much battery life do you need?

Oct 9, 2003 at 2:02 PM Post #14 of 77
i get 10 hours straight, but i have it on shuffle, and skip a lot of songs, so i get about 8-ish

Oct 9, 2003 at 4:32 PM Post #15 of 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Back