Too many players need help (purchase advice)
Aug 13, 2016 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RugbyPlayer

100+ Head-Fier
Why are there so many transport devices? In every price range there's so many choices!

So what im looking for. I have a Dx90 currently, i dislike the screen size and the UI just doesn't work to well. The touchscreen is undersized to really operate as a touch, i wish it had physical keys.

My headphones are FLC8s, and some Maddogs. Most of my music is currently in .flac format, however i would like to start fooling around with DSD and see what thats all about. An expansion slot is really a necessity, would prefer up to 256 GB support, but 128 will do. 

I would like bluetooth support as occasionally i will listen with my beats sports but this isnt really a priority i suppose.

As far as OS is concerned, i would like android, mostly so i can in theory stream tidal etc. Streaming from a wireless Hard drive would also be nice.

At this point i dont really have an external DAC/AMP but something that works well with them for future preferences would be preferred.

Looking at the BH site alone from the Sony X2 price down to the Fiio x7 theres 9(!) players in that price range so im really at a loss as far as what to get so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back