Too hot for headphone listening.
Jun 8, 2008 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

sunseeker888

100+ Head-Fier
Well, it is 94 degrees F in New York and It's going to be 96 tomorrow, so they say.

It's too damn hot for headphones! Forget wearing fullsize in public, even if you do this regularly.

My Grado's are even making my head sweaty inside my room, with the AC going. Any of you guys put the cans away for the this extreme weather?

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #3 of 33
I'll be using in-ears outside, as I always do.
biggrin.gif

The AC is on, and the speakers are handling Bach right now, so it's pretty nice inside.

I was outside a few minutes ago, and it was scorching.. It's too damn hot outside!
frown.gif

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 33
lol, been working inside all day, stupid exams, so im not that bad. but it is soo nice outside, jus want to sit down and listen to the music on the grass. ah, one of the true simple pleasures of life.

Jun 8, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 33
Yes it is a great pleasure. I keep an old iRiver and my Senns in the car usually, so that if I find a sweet spot I can get out and indulge in some music.

I do need some iem's soon. That would nearly eliminate the embarrassment of using HD555s or 325i's in public!

BetaLyr, nice to meet someone else from the area! happy almost bday, BTW.

Jun 8, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 33
I know what you mean. This part of America is going through a severe heat wave and the humidity is bad and humidity can damage headphones and electronics.

Is there a de humidifier product out there?

Jun 8, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 33
Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous phones from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

Jun 8, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #13 of 33
It's hot as hell in MA as well. I only use earbuds outside and speakers at home, so no biggie.
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #14 of 33
Dang, I thought this was the Jerry Springer uncut radio show "Too Hot For Headphones"
frown.gif

Jun 8, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #15 of 33
It's gonna be some heat here as well. I feel sorry for those who have leather pads... velour doesn't mind slight sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back