Too Good to be True? If not, the ER-4's are Mine!
May 27, 2004 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

iriverdrownsipod

New Head-Fier
After much thought (perhaps too much!) and consideration, and after reading all the sage advice that seems to flow naturally out of this great forum, I have decided to choose from among these models:

from between Shure E2c OR Shure E3c (winner of which will proceed to challenge this matchup==> ER-4 OR ER-6.

Now, if you search under my user name (iriverdrownsipod) you will see that in a previous thread I wanted to grab some nice, high quality 'buds for study and working out. One main factor that really bothers me is microphonics and cord noise so I can't have that. Comfort is secondary to sound quality and aesthetics. I also listen to primarily vocals (jpop), classical (some say the ER-6 is great for that), jazz, and some alternative. That being said, can anyone believe that these prices are at all accurate? Are they used or something? Please let me know, because I want to buy and I'd like to have it before I leave for my trip to Jacksonville! (Anything wrong with this vendor??)

ER-4 Deal (my first choice!)
ER-6 Deal (second if you can convince me
icon10.gif

Hope you have an answer for me- I'm on the edge of my seat! Thanks to all again for your help!
lambda.gif

May 27, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 29
Get the Etys from HeadRoom, with the 10% discount it would come out to about the same, that way you are supporting Head-Fi and buying from one of the most respectable stores.

May 27, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #3 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdrownsipod
......and after reading all the sage advice that seems to flow naturally out of this great forum, I have decided to choose from among these models:

from between Shure E2c OR Shure E3c (winner of which will proceed to challenge this matchup==> ER-4 OR ER-6.

ER-4 Deal (my first choice!)
ER-6 Deal (second if you can convince me
icon10.gif

Hope you have an answer for me- I'm on the edge of my seat! Thanks to all again for your help!
lambda.gif

Having never purchased from this vendor, I cannot make a comment one way or the other regarding them. However since you have found value in this forum, perhaps supporting one of the forum's sponsors might be the right way to go. As jerry1130 pointed out, Headroom offers a 10% discount to Head-Fi members in addition to offering a 30 day guarantee. They are absolutely top notch people to deal with and they help make this forum possible.

Just my two bits.

May 27, 2004 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 29
You can find Ety ER-4 for under $240~$200 for a quite a while now.. so the price listed on that website is very valid.

However, I would suggest supporting one of our sponsor as well, Todd, Idealsound, or Headroom are all good sources to get them.

May 27, 2004 at 4:59 PM Post #6 of 29
iDealSound is another head-fi sponser (link at the bottom of the page) who carries shure and ety products. I haven't dealt with them, but I hear they can often match prices.

May 27, 2004 at 5:03 PM Post #7 of 29
I have bought my first two Etys from this place, very nice to deal with, fast shipping too!

So yeah I haven't had any problems and that was two years ago so seeing they're still in business they must be doing quite well
tongue.gif

May 27, 2004 at 5:28 PM Post #8 of 29
doobooloo, which place? the yahoo place or the sponsors?

Plus, I just guess I have to post more than 10, eh?

"I have bought my first two Etys from this place, very nice to deal with, fast shipping too!

"So yeah I haven't had any problems and that was two years ago so seeing they're still in business they must be doing quite well

May 27, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #9 of 29
I bought my ER-4P's from here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...701987969&rd=1
Brand new. Took 2 weeks to get them, but I live in Holland, so that may have caused the long delivery time.
Very glad I bought them for my iRiver H-120. Couldn't live without them anymore and don't understand now why I liked the Soný MDR EX-71 before.

May 27, 2004 at 5:37 PM Post #10 of 29
I bought my ER4-P's from IdealSound on eBay (a HeadFi sponsor) for $209.99 shipped 2-3 day. Ordered on Tuesday evening and received them on Thursday.

Absolutely hassle free transaction from IdealSound. They're top notch with communication, fast shipping, & low prices. Paul was really nice so hell yea I'm gonna recommend him.

May 27, 2004 at 5:41 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdrownsipod
doobooloo, which place? the yahoo place or the sponsors?

Plus, I just guess I have to post more than 10, eh?

"I have bought my first two Etys from this place, very nice to deal with, fast shipping too!

"So yeah I haven't had any problems and that was two years ago so seeing they're still in business they must be doing quite well

I was referring to the "Earplug SuperStore" Yahoo Store in the first post.

Also I should add that recently I also purchased a pair of Etys from IdealSound and the transaction was amazing. I think the price is actually better (209 shipped overnight) with shipping. AND they're a Head-Fi sponsor...
wink.gif
Paul's a very nice guy to deal with!

Can't go wrong with both, but I recommend you get your Etys from IdealSound!
etysmile.gif

May 27, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #12 of 29
I've bought from bothe Headroom and Idealsound, and they were both great to deal with, inclduing for returns. Go with a forum sponsor.

May 27, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #14 of 29
I can't imagine using canalphones at the gym or for any active use.
If you are looking for a good gym phone, go for Koss KSC35s, and use Etys or Shures at home.
I'm serious. Senn MX400, MX500 or Koss KSC35s will stomp all over Ety's or Shures in the gym or on a track.

May 27, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #15 of 29
I wouldn't wear earphones when working out, period. You get all sweaty and everything, gets a bit nasty with those earphones. The TV is usually on in the gym, so that's what I listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back