Tonebooster Morphit - Correct your headphone's frequency response, simulate other famous headphones, and more
Sep 30, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #17 of 25
Sonarworks reference works better than morphit (to bringing phones closer to speakers). When I compare my phones to speakers, the end result with sonarworks is better (not perfect). I think morphit is not quite there.

I have a pair of Hifiman HE-400i: what settings you recommend it?

Sonarworks Reference 4 seems to have a preset for it, "HiFiMan HE400i Average" . You can give the program a 30 day trial and try if it works for you.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #18 of 25
I know it's kind of late, but USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) for Android has Morphlt for a while now as an additional paid plug-in. Just sayin...

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #19 of 25
I wonder why the Sonarworks correction profile for Massdrop Sennheiser HD6XX is so much different from the TB Morphit correction profile for the same Massdrop Sennheiser HD6XX?

6b45a69098316a0d01f423570de0bce1.jpg

I personally like TB Morphit better, it just sounds more transparent. I use it with 112dB Redline Monitor for crossfeed effect.

I will also try to copy the TB Morphit correction settings into DMG Audio Equilibrium equalizer, as it is the best eq for me in the world!

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #21 of 25
No, because serious pro audio work is pretty much all done in full-blown DAW programs on desktop computers. iOS/Android has some audio/music-making apps, but there's no VST wrapper AFAIK. Take a look at this thread: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/ele...43833-vst-intrument-wrapper-ios-ipad-app.html

Times have changed my friend!
New iPads and music production apps are really powerful now. Toneboosters are one of the many audio companies that are jumping on the iOS platform:
Morphit for iOS: https://apps.apple.com/gr/app/tb-morphit/id1487595036

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #22 of 25
The latest updates of Morphit & Equalizer 4 available on the Toneboosters site now include stand alone versions.

I also took the plunge and bought Morphit, especially as it now has some of my headphones that weren't covered previously, It's going to be interesting to compare the Morphit profiles to my manual ones on EQ4. I like the fact that you can also tweak the preset profiles to taste either by a blanket % or it looks like you can add filters.

I haven't had a chance to play around with any of it yet after downloading late last night but I will after work tonight.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #24 of 25
I use Morphit with Audirvana on my Mac and it's great. I'd like to use the iPhone/iPad plugin on my iPhone, but it seems that the only host apps are recovering apps and mixers like Steinberg Cubasis or Apple Garageband. Are there any music players that can use AU plugins like Morphit? I just want to listen to my music with Morphit.

Nov 19, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #25 of 25
i use both Sonarworks SoundID Reference and Toneboosters MorphIt. I listen to a lot of classical organ music which often goes down to 16 Hz when 32' pedal pipes are present. My biggest gripe with Sonarworks is they neuter bass below 40 Hz from any bass boosting, intentionally adding a sharp "Limits" filter of about -12 dB/oct. They do this with the default in-box calibration, to "protect" your headphone drivers from potentially being over driven. The preamp setting should be to handle this so I'm a bit miffed it cannot be turned off.

The only way to unlock this filter for headphones is to send your cans to them and have them generate a calibrated profile for a fee. MorphIt has no such limitation.

Screenshot 2023-11-19 091810.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back