Tonal difference between the KSC 35 & 75?
May 11, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
Wha?

The PP is the model with the headband, and the PP and 35 use identical drivers.

I own the PPs, 35s, and 75s, and spent a lot of time going back and forth between them, and if there is a sonic difference between the 75 and 35/PP once an identical fit is achieved, it's a slightly brighter signature in the 75s.

That's it.

Huh! That has to be source related because in no way, shape or form is the 35 brighter than the 75. "Bright" is one of the main characteristics of the Ti drivers. I have had both for quite some time (along with the Sportapro, KSC50 and UR40) and I honestly can't decide which I like better. It depends on my mood and the music I'm listening too. Right now, I prefer the 35's with a center hole cut pad. It opens the highs up (which can sound a little veiled compared to the 75's) while retaining the awesome bass.

Honestly, the 35/75 debate is a little like the Sennheiser/Grado debate. Do you like your sound more forward and sizzley (is that a word) like the KSC75, or more refined and slightly laid back like the KSC35. The main difference being that the sounds are much more similar than Senns and Grados.

These awesome little drivers also scale incredibly well with your equipment. The better you feed them, the better they sound. Add a 75 ohm adapter and a decent amp and these hold there own against anything below $100 and maybe even $150.

For home use, I LOVE my heavily modded UR40's. They are by far the most comfortable headphone I have ever had on and they sound incredible (all made better by the fact that I got them for $12 nib off Ebay!).

The fact of the matter is, all of the portable Koss 60 ohm phones (Portapro, PP2, Sportapro, KSC35, KSC50, KSC55, KSC75, hmm except maybe the KTX Pro1 in stock form) sound great. And each sound just slightly different than the rest (plus the drivers just snap onto the headbands so you can mix and match for even more combinations). So I guess the best thing to do is just try them all.
evil_smiley.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Huh! That has to be source related because in no way, shape or form is the 35 brighter than the 75.

Read that again (you even bolded it).
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Honestly, the 35/75 debate is a little like the Sennheiser/Grado debate. Do you like your sound more forward and sizzley (is that a word) like the KSC75, or more refined and slightly laid back like the KSC35. The main difference being that the sounds are much more similar than Senns and Grados.

The difference between the 35s and 75s are VERY small. The differences between the "typical" Senn and Grado sound is unmistakable to even the greenest ears.

Quote:

The fact of the matter is, all of the portable Koss 60 ohm phones (Portapro, PP2, Sportapro, KSC35, KSC50, KSC55, KSC75, hmm except maybe the KTX Pro1 in stock form) sound great. And each sound just slightly different than the rest. So I guess the best thing to do is just try them all.

Agreed...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
Quote:
Huh! That has to be source related because in no way, shape or form is the 35 brighter than the 75.

Read that again (you even bolded it).

Quote:

The difference between the 35s and 75s are VERY small. The differences between the "typical" Senn and Grado sound is unmistakable to even the greenest ears.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is, all of the portable Koss 60 ohm phones (Portapro, PP2, Sportapro, KSC35, KSC50, KSC55, KSC75, hmm except maybe the KTX Pro1 in stock form) sound great. And each sound just slightly different than the rest. So I guess the best thing to do is just try them all.

Agreed...

Sorry about that, I even reread it a couple of times and my damned brain kept interpreting that you meant the 35's were brighter.
confused.gif

Also, I agree that the difference is slight but I think most would be able to hear it. The 35's just seem a bit more mellow than the 75's (but not in a bad way).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back