Tommyboy's newest mod: FraGTaLiTy's Ultimate Sennheiser Headset
Jun 10, 2010 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

FraGTaLiTy

Head-Fier
The following headset was modded by TommyBoy to create the ultimate audiophile and gaming headset. I am in love with this headset, and wanted to share it with the community. The quality of this mod is top notch, it's as if I bought it straight from Sennheiser. Custom painted, the build is rock solid, the audio is beautiful, and the detachable mic is integrated seamlessly and conveniently.
 ​
Tommyboy's contact info: thompsonryan@gmail.com

specs:

- HD 650 drivers (aka mini speakers for headphones)

- HD 600 grills

- HD 580 shell

- Mogami professional audio cord

- Hyundai unidirectional mic

- Cryo-parts treated Cardas jacks (bottom jacks are neutriks) | black jack = sound | silver jack = mic

- Duplicolor adhesion promoter, Rustoleum metallic carbon gray (for grills) | Rustoleum professional gloss black (base of grills) | Rustoleum crystal clear gloss clear coat (both)

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 18
Thats impressive, i would like to know the steps to mod them 
biggrin.gif
 They seem pretty comfy though. 

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #8 of 18
Dang! That looks beautiful. High quality work for sure. 

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #10 of 18
i still have ambitions of doing this to a jvc rx700

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #11 of 18
I agree on the heatshrink.  I usually avoid it, but the silver mic jack has a really large opening that the mogami cable was getting lost in (canare mini quad fits those a bit better)  uptop on the senn jacks I should have use a smaller size tubing, but i noobed it and didn't slide the tubing on first.   The sound was good, so I didn't really want to dirty the sound at all by redoing the jacks.  He's getting a second cable shortly with the mini quad and a second mic as well cause he was so patient about everything.  Hope he enjoys them.. testing those out actually gave me chills they sounded so good (not patting my own back, just meant the 650 drivers sound so good).

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #14 of 18
bravo

bravo.

I'm really impressed
biggrin.gif

don't really game too hardcore, but does Tommyboy also do modding for attaching a mic into the beyer's? I don't chat on the mic often, but i have the  stand alone logitech usb desktop microphone for whenever i do.

It would be sweet to have a mic attached to a high end headphone. Btw, is this thing flexible? can it swivel/bend up and down with ease?  I'll definitely look into having these implemented on my beyer DT990's in the late future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back