tomahawk vs xin super micro
Oct 4, 2007 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

deaby

Head-Fier
i've decided to purchase one of these two amps..

i run an ipod classic + alo dock out + etyer6i/grado 225..

right now i am using a go vibe 5..

is the tomahawk worth the extra price? which is more versatile? which works better with my setup? very excited...

Oct 4, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 35
deaby: said it before, say it again. Buy the Tomahawk, place an order via credit card with Xin, have the Tomahawk in couple days, Xin amp in maybe a year if you're lucky, sell the one youdon't like.

Read the posts around here: XIn's wait vs. Ray Samuels wait vs. tonal qualities of each

case closed

Oct 4, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
deaby: said it before, say it again. Buy the Tomahawk, place an order via credit card with Xin, have the Tomahawk in couple days, Xin amp in maybe a year if you're lucky, sell the one youdon't like.

Read the posts around here: XIn's wait vs. Ray Samuels wait vs. tonal qualities of each

case closed

have to agree, get your tomahawk now, CC the xin and wait for the cherry on top!

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #7 of 35
That is really lame. You should NOT advertise a product which is not available. Who knows what these people are doing with your money? Paying their mortgage perhaps? Another example is the Diablo from LaRocco. These kind of business practices boggle the mind...
blink.gif

Go for the Tomahawk.

~Zip

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless Xin's amps were packed with diamonds, I wouldn't tolerate that level of customer service...

GAD

DITTO not to mention all the lost listening time
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by deaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've decided to purchase one of these two amps..

i run an ipod classic + alo dock out + etyer6i/grado 225..

right now i am using a go vibe 5..

is the tomahawk worth the extra price? which is more versatile? which works better with my setup? very excited...

I think the Tomahawk is worth the extra price, you do get a nicely colored aluminum case. Versatility is a tie. The Tomahawk has much much better battery life. The Supermicro has much less battery but makes up for it in size.

Since Xin is currently in research mode I suggest you get in the Xin line then place an order for the Tomahawk.

Oct 5, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Xin seems to be always in research mode!!!

He was actually in build mode up until mid February. Thankfully, I was in the last batch of amps before the Xin entered what I call the "Reference Period."
icon10.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #15 of 35
i'd get flamed for this. But how about the Mini^3 with superior three channel topology and IMO should be very much better than the Tomahawk at a cheaper price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back