Tokyo headphone sighting
Mar 30, 2006 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ugusensei

Head-Fier
Maybe you thought I mean I found a new neat set of cans
biggrin.gif

Recently got back from a trip to Tokyo. I was riding the Yamanote Line. When I got on the train, I turned to see a Japanese fellow wearing a set of A900s. I was so happy to see this I nearly shook the guy's hand. Though I must say using those as portable cans in a rush hour train is a little off the wall.

All I see on trains are those apple ear buds or a handful of people wearing bose triports. Sad..so sad...

Mar 30, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #2 of 11
I once saw a gaijin in Akihabara's Dynamic Audio shop (before they moved) wearing ety ER4P! I should have said hi - that was a head-fi'er for sure.

Just today I saw someone wearing Shure E5c in Greenwich Village, here in NYC.

Still such a great variety of headphones out in Tokyo. I miss it.

Heh if someone was paying attention, they would have seen someone walking around with a HP1 in Gramercy Park tonight.
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Mar 30, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #4 of 11
bring some grado's/alessandro's with you next time and watch them stare
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 7:22 AM Post #5 of 11
on my flight to tokyo last week, i saw two guys with er4p's and of course a bunch of qc2s. i was so impressed that i saw not only one but two pairs of etys. as always, i see a lot of fc7, ibuds and random clip-ons walking around and on the subway. nothing really wowed me this time.

Mar 30, 2006 at 12:01 PM Post #9 of 11
i get wierd stares in the subway when i wear my ER4P.. those people must think i'm wearing some cheapo airplane freebie earphones..
etysmile.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #10 of 11
Most of the trains I ride are typically packed with high school students. Many of whom have mini disc players from what I can tell. I see a lot of clip ons. And the only worth while cans I've seen on any one to date, was that guy I just mentioned...

... and my friend who I told to get E3cs
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #11 of 11
I am very observant but I live in the UK and I don't think there are many decent headphones around. I sometimes see businessmen on the train getting their Bose QC2's out of the big bulky cases and proudly putting them on..and falling to sleep. Thats how boring they are. I just sit there feeling smug rocking with my ER4's.
etysmile.gif

I mostly see Apple buds and other miscellaneous crap. I followed somebody into a shop the other day to see what he was wearing, turns out they were just EX-71's.

I have seen a couple of the lower end Senns, and really the only person I have seen with decent headphones is me, with my ER-4's, and my HD-600's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back