Tokyo Headphone Festival presented by FUJIYA AVIC, October 25-26, 2014 (PICTORIAL)
Dec 26, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #16 of 22
Great report mkubota1, I was wondering at these Festivals do they sometimes display (or demo) some of the legendary Japanese headphones such as the Sony MDR-R10 Qualia etc?

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #17 of 22
Great report mkubota1, I was wondering at these Festivals do they sometimes display (or demo) some of the legendary Japanese headphones such as the Sony MDR-R10 Qualia etc?

In short, no.  I remember one company a while back had one of their vintage headphones in a display case for show only.  But the manufacturers generally stick to what's new.  That one 'privateer' collector might have something rare like those Yamaha orthos.  But honestly your best  bet for hearing something like an R10 would be if one of the Head-Fi members brings his, which happened a few years back when we had a private room.  I also brought my K1000s that time.  Mini-meets before and after the show are routine, even though I rarely attend those.

Dec 27, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #18 of 22
Thanks for the reply- I agree a meet is best chance- unfortunately I don't think there are (m)any R10 using headfiers in Australia. Hope I'm wrong but it seems doubtful.

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #19 of 22
Oh- I actually meant at this meet.  There are many members of Head-Fi that either live in the Tokyo area or fly in for the show.  And often they will have a meet either the Friday before or shortly after the show.  They will usually start a thread under this sub-forum to see who is coming out.  In that thread, you can ask if somebody has (whatever) and they might be kind enough to bring it.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #20 of 22
I really do hope denon will follow the design of ah-mm400em for their next flagship series. The new denon right now just doesn't have that classiness of the D5000/D7000.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #22 of 22
  Great coverage! 

I know it's a stupid (and lazy) question but does the fall edition happen during October (or even during the same dates)? The reason is I'm looking forward to go there on next year's fall and want to buy my airfare tickets in advanced so I can save lotsa money. :p

In October- usually the last weekend.  So for 2015, my best guess would be 24/25, assuming it will be two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back