Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions
Nov 9, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #121 of 122
I'll put an interstitial post in here to say that I tried sooooooo many IEMs at this festival to try and find something myself and (especially my glasses-wearing) wife might like, but it just doesn't work. Yes I know you're supposed to get that special fit and seal, but even in the best case the most expensive IEMs (exceeding $1K) were (1) uncomfortable and (2) thin-sounding. Maybe blame it on physiology, or blame it on taste, or whatever, but we're on/over-ear people, best to just admit it and move on. Now I just hope that I never need hearing aids!

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #122 of 122
  I'll put an interstitial post in here to say that I tried sooooooo many IEMs at this festival to try and find something myself and (especially my glasses-wearing) wife might like, but it just doesn't work. Yes I know you're supposed to get that special fit and seal, but even in the best case the most expensive IEMs (exceeding $1K) were (1) uncomfortable and (2) thin-sounding. Maybe blame it on physiology, or blame it on taste, or whatever, but we're on/over-ear people, best to just admit it and move on. Now I just hope that I never need hearing aids!

Try the Spinfit tips, which you can buy from the Ocharaku table. They are absolutely amazing and can turn an uncomfortable IEM into a very comfortable one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back