Toilet amplifies body noise
Apr 29, 2015 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
So my bedroom is connected to a bathroom door and on the opposite side of the bathroom there is another door where house guests can use the bathroom. I've been having a bunch house guests and every time they use the bathroom at night I can hear everything.

It's amazing how the toilet can act like an amp and make sound louder like an old style megaphone as it amplifies body noise.

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm thinking the bathroom could probably use some sound dampening materials. Perhaps you should put down some bath mats of the thick and fluffy variety. Also, maybe try hanging up as many towels as possible. If you're using a shower curtain, use a thick cotton or other cloth curtain combined with an inner liner. Every time I remove the shower curtain to clean it or replace, I'm surprised at how reverberant the bathroom can be without it.

If all else fails, use noise to cover everything up. I've always wondered whether those ceiling exhaust fans really did anything more than create a racket to "cancel out" bathroom noises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back