Toddler Headphones???
Sep 10, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by russdog
A 19-month old? Jeez, man, the kid will want to eat them, lick them, poke fingers in them, etc. I expect the child will be especially interested in seeing how well the cans can be worn on toes. (Your child is a toddler, what are you thinking? Perhaps you don't spend very much time around your kid? :wink:

Don't worry, russdog, I spend plenty of time with jr. My wife works part-time in the evenings and he and I usually have quality time together about 3-4 times per week for extended periods. Just today we went to run a few errands (car dealership, PetsMart, & BB), ate dinner, and then went to the park for 1 1/2 hrs.

Anyway, I also picked up some Sennheiser PX 200s today at BB basically for free. I didn't realize this until I got home, but the cashier rang the Cat 5 retractable cable ($9.99) up twice instead of ringing the PX 200s. I'll give these a try on him along with the Sonys. I tried the Sonys on him again today and I think he would leave them alone once sound is coming through and watching a movie. Also, they price-matched Ultimate Electronics, so I got $23 back on them. Also, I have their manager's guarantee that both are returnable if they don't work out. Although, I don't think the Senns are going back considering the price I paid for them. I just really like the idea of Sonys being full cup, noise cancelling (reducing volume level), and are able to comfortably fit his little noggin. We'll see...

Sep 12, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #17 of 19
Hey, guys, quick update on this. We flew from St. Louis to Santa Barbara, CA, yesterday with a layover in Salt Lake, and the Sonys worked like a charm!!! It entertained him just shy of an hour when watching Bob the Builder / Thomas the Train on my laptop. This is pretty good for any 19 mo. old. I'm thinking very wise investment. I tried them for a little while myself and the noise-canceling seems better than on a previous model of Sony noise cancellers I had. When flipping the noise-canceling switch, it's pretty quiet. Anyway, they'll come in handy again tomorrow morning on the flight to Maui. Party on!!! (btw, busted out the E4cs, maxi moy signature, and ipod 5g 60 after he dozed off. Pure sonic bliss for portable...to me anyway...)

Sep 12, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_JonnyV
Hey, guys, quick update on this. We flew from St. Louis to Santa Barbara, CA, yesterday with a layover in Salt Lake, and the Sonys worked like a charm!!! It entertained him just shy of an hour when watching Bob the Builder / Thomas the Train on my laptop. This is pretty good for any 19 mo. old.

I take it all back, every single word :wink:

Sep 13, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #19 of 19
Today on the flight from San Fran to Maui, Baby Einstein never sounded so good!!! He watched videos on my laptop again for about an hour, then when he was sleeping I used them to watch the in-flight movie, X-Men, and they are actually pretty decent cans considering they were being driven off the internal plane headphone jack. Anybody ever use active noise cancelers with an amp before???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back