Todays project with the 75s
Mar 26, 2006 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dyoel182

100+ Head-Fier
So today I broke down and wired up a 67ohm resistor cable (RadioShack didnt have 75ohms) just to see what difference it made. I can say that any audible hiss is now gone and the volume does drop, so I can tell its actually doing something. I worried about the resistors bending so I wrapped the cables and then slid the cable through the cardboard tube from a pants hanger. Its pretty ghetto and I cant say I'm proud of it, but it does work.

8321442527.jpg

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #3 of 7
So are all the required material available at Radio Shack? I am interested, but don't have an idea as to how this would be done. Solder involved?

Mar 27, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsportline43
So are all the required material available at Radio Shack? I am interested, but don't have an idea as to how this would be done. Solder involved?

Everything would be available at radio shack and yes it does involve soldering. Really all you need is a package of resistors (about $1 and make sure you're getting a 68 or 75ohm, not a 68k ohm because thats way too high) and a headphone extension cable you can cut up.

Then you just cut, splice and solder a resistor into the red and white lines. If you wish, be careful when cutting the extension cable and dont cut the black wire unless you want to resolder it later.

Mar 27, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
So, does it sound better? worse? Or is it just harder to drive?

Really what I noticed is that ANY hiss in the signal is gone. I never noticed the hiss coming out of my ipod but I sure noticed it when it was gone. Of course there is a significant volume drop right away also and the ipod cant really drive them that well with the cable hooked up but that wasnt why I made it anyway.

Mar 27, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks Dyoel182 for the information! I think I'm going to try this mod after buying a portable amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back