Today is a good day for audio...
Dec 5, 2006 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dregur

100+ Head-Fier
Same day, I got both my portable amp (PA2V2) and my new set of IEM's (Super.Fi 5 Pro). My ears are having an heargasm right now as I type this post.

First thing I did was open up the PA2V2, which is much smaller than I expected. Put some tunes on with both my e2c's and KSC75's. The amp just opens both of them up ever so slightly. Subtle, but noticeable.

Opened up the Super.fi 5 Pro's and I was immediately....disappointed. It was sorta blah with no isolation whatsoever.. Sorta thought to myself, "Did I just pay 200 bucks for this? Lame." But there were other tips in the package, and since I wasn't getting isolation, I didn't think I was getting a good seal anyway. Tried to the bi-flanges, which were horrible. Tried the foamies, which were an improvement, but still sorta bleh. Finally tried the large silicon tips, which I found odd being that I usually use the medium tips for my canal/iem's., and finally found the sweet spot. Punchy, detailed bass, and details everywhere. I can finally hear that faint guitar riff I never heard before right when I was typing this!
biggrin.gif

Partnered with the PA2V2, I think I might have my portable setup for years to come...and I'm getting a iRiver Clix this week, which I heard is an improvement sound wise to the Sansa E280 I'm using right now.

etysmile.gif

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dregur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Partnered with the PA2V2, I think I might have my portable setup for years to come...

Years to come? HAH!!

Well.. maybe if you leave now!

Thats what I thought when I got my pa2v2, x-fi and DT770's.. but I'm stupid and just kept on reading these cursed forums!
tongue.gif

I'm just messing with ya.. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, I'm sure you did plenty of research before buying and I'm glad it was all worthwhile.

Now get off your computer and enjoy your music
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back