Today, a tear was shed... [True Story]
Jan 12, 2007 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Etrips

100+ Head-Fier
So today was another like any other, except this week was a little bit different. This was a good week! Dell 2007wfp SIPS monitor, Ray's Tomahawk, and my babies (DR150's) recabled by warrior05 all came in on Monday. Sadly, this was a bit of a busy week so I didn't get much time to listen to my new portable setup. But last night I finally got some time to listen to a bit and was just amazed at how much of a difference an amp / line out / recabled phones sound. Needless to say I was quite pleased with my decisions on getting what I got.

But was that enough? No of course not... Before going to bed I added some pink noise onto the Ipod and let it go overnight. So given about 8 hours of "burn-in", mind you. I get to work, get my some work, put on my head phones and start working not really paying attention to the music. Then all of a sudden it hits me like [size=large]BAM[/size]. It was so beautiful, everything was perfect. Everything was so much fuller, lively, I just cannot explain it. I stopped everything I was doing and was just stunned. I sat there for a moment in a state in which I think might be as "pure bliss", as a tear suddenly came out. This kind of shocked me as I normally don't cry that often, even in normal circumstances.

Now as my work shift is ending, and I'm sitting here enjoying my music to it's fullist. I'm wondering to myself.... Is there really more out there for me? I want to get into IEM's but I'm afraid that they won't be able to give me the sound that I'm getting with my Docs
frown.gif
Should I venture deeper into the rabbit hole? I'm scared and my wallet is scared!

Now, first I want to apologize as this dosent really have anything to do with headphones (sorta), but this is mainly where I browse and do my reading.

Now to my thanks for helping me achieve this moment of ecstasy in no particular order:

-swt61 for being one of the first pioneers and convincing me to get these phones when I was looking for my first pair.

-warrior05 for recabling my headphones and dealing with my stupidity!

-Ray Samuels for making my Tomahawk as awesome as it is.

-Turbo for getting me my Turbodock out during the holidays as fast as he did.

and of course.... EVERYONE AT HEAD-Fi for all your useful and non-useful information that has gone through this forum.

Jan 12, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's safe to say that you're going to have to say goodbye to at least $1000 more before you're done buying equipment.

Yeah, it's called custom IEM's !
blink.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #4 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's safe to say that you're going to have to say goodbye to at least $1000 more before you're done buying equipment.

Don't encourage him!!
frown.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #5 of 47
It is a rare occasion when music makes me shed a tear, it can be the end of Harmoniums "Histoires Sans Paroles", the solo 7:00 into Amarok, climax of Ommadawn, solo from Siberian Khatru, or the climax of The Gates of Delirium!

As for crying over how my gear sounds, I'm afraid thats a barrier I will never cross..

Jan 12, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #6 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by OGTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a rare occasion when music makes me shed a tear, it can be the end of Harmoniums "Histoires Sans Paroles", the solo 7:00 into Amarok, climax of Ommadawn, solo from Siberian Khatru, or the climax of The Gates of Delirium!

As for crying over how my gear sounds, I'm afraid thats a barrier I will never cross..

The Echo Never Fades - Gillingham.

That makes me cry everytime, amazing song if you get the chance to hear it.

Actually:

Enjoy

http://media.putfile.com/The-Echo-Ne...d-R-Gillingham

Jan 12, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 47
It's incredibly rare that music on headphones will make me shed a tear. I can only get that emotionally involved with the music when I'm listening on speakers.
plainface.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 47
I don't know Fitz....F5000 almost did it for me when I was listening to Kimiko Itoh vocals, "Follow Me"
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's incredibly rare that music on headphones will make me shed a tear. I can only get that emotionally involved with the music when I'm listening on speakers.
plainface.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #9 of 47
There are many songs that can bring me to tears, and even more that can make my eyes water. I'm just emotional like that. It happens with headphones more often than speakers. Sometimes, even playing back the song in my mind can have the same effect.

I try to save those songs for special occasions. Too much of a good thing will ruin it.

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #10 of 47
Quote:

plainface.gif

I agree. the vast majority of my earphone eargasms are when MTB'ing. Other than that, speakers all the way.

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #11 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know Fitz....F5000 almost did it for me when I was listening to Kimiko Itoh vocals, "Follow Me"
tongue.gif

I still haven't heard that song.
frown.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #12 of 47
Well it was really the song per se, but how it sounded. It sounded a hundred times better than when I was listening to it unamped / burned in. Really made me wonder what I was forcing myself to listen to prior
frown.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etrips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it was really the song per se, but how it sounded. It sounded a hundred times better than when I was listening to it unamped / burned in. Really made me wonder what I was forcing myself to listen to prior
frown.gif

This is what they mean when they say ignorance is bliss. Now you'll never be able to use anything lesser in the future, and instead seeking for something better than what you already have!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #15 of 47
Quote:

This is what they mean when they say ignorance is bliss. Now you'll never be able to use anything lesser in the future, and instead seeking for something better than what you already have!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yes I know, that's why I'm asking myself if I want to go deeper into the rabbit hole or not :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back