To trade or not to trade? Stax Lambda for HD600.
Feb 1, 2007 at 8:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

OliT

Head-Fier
So, I traded away my K601's for a pair of HD600's the other day, and while the HD600's might be fine phones, they aren't much for me. I really didn't think they could compete with my K701's so I doubt they will get much use in my home.

I've gotten a hold of a guy in Sweden that has a pair of Stax Lambdas with the SRD 7/SB energizer, and he's willing to trade with me. The Lambdas aren't the pro version, and the headband broke some time ago, but was repaired with glue.

I feel that it might be interesting owning a pair Lambdas, but the broken headband is putting me off a bit. What do you guys think? The repair seems to hold as he's used them a bit. Can a replacement headband be found?

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:53 AM Post #2 of 7
You can buy Lambda basics in Japan for cheap these days. Keep de Senn!

Feb 1, 2007 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 7
I would make the trade, if you have a half decent amp to power the energiser, youll be making what in my opinion is a large sonic upgrade. Replacement headbands can be bought for the surrent Lambda models and are easily adapted to fit the old ones. New earpads can also be purchased.

Aside from anything else, the resale value on ebay and such is higher for a Lambda system then it is for an HD600, so if you end up not enjoying the Stax, youll not be losing out when you move on from them. Id say a K601 -> HD600 -> Lamda system is some good uphill swapping.

Feb 1, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 7
Yeah, I figure I'll make the trade. they make for a nice thing to rest the eyes on atleast, and will fit excellently in my vintage setup with a Sony TA-8650 Vfet amp, which I would certainly claim to be a decent amp.

Feb 1, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 7
Definitely excellent trade, especially given the included energizer. As Duggeh said, just get the replacement pads/band and you will have a fine piece of gear. HD600 is cheap these days anyways.

Feb 1, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 7
Ahh, the 8650, I gave up looking for one of those a couple of years ago, now I'll have to start again. I'd go for the trade. It's nice to have a great dynamic and a great electrostatic, and you don't seem to happy with the Senns so What?

Feb 2, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #7 of 7
Yeah, I'll go through with the trade. Where can the headband be bought, audiocubes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back