To TF10 owners - try the flip flop mod!
Nov 16, 2008 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

encrypted_trance

Head-Fier
I've had my TF10s for a few days and think they're great.

I have to use sennhieser large tips to get a good and comfortable fit. I found that I had to gently keep my fingers pressed on them to get the best sound (i.e. that extra bass).

Tried the flip-flop mod for the fun and now they sound awesome. I figured out that the ends were resting against my ear in the normal wearing method which was preventing them from fulling engaging with the ear canal. So now bass is thunderous and there is absolutely no improvement in sound if I move them around slightly...so fully happy now!

BTW, haven't done the cable swap - not sure how to...do I just pull the ends off? I tried with gentle pressure but there was no movement. Anyone got a picture?

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 4
lol this mod has been beaten to death. anyone who's done any research at all on the TF10 here would've bound to have read it by now.

first time pulling the cables out you gotta pull harder. but make sure all your force is in the correct direction. you don't want to bend the prongs, although that's easily corrected.

...and... PULL HARD. u need some balls with this, but I've never actually heard of someone breaking the cable connection, especially not the first time pulling it off.

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol this mod has been beaten to death. anyone who's done any research at all on the TF10 here would've bound to have read it by now.

first time pulling the cables out you gotta pull harder. but make sure all your force is in the correct direction. you don't want to bend the prongs, although that's easily corrected.

...and... PULL HARD. u need some balls with this, but I've never actually heard of someone breaking the cable connection, especially not the first time pulling it off.

Haha! Thanks for the enlightment.

Btw, what do you think is better: Shure SE530 or TF10? (just kidding!)

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by encrypted_trance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha! Thanks for the enlightment.

Btw, what do you think is better: Shure SE530 or TF10? (just kidding!)

lol well there must've been some reason why you chose to ask, before you qualified it with the just kidding disclaimer.

the TF10 suits my needs better. I felt the SE530 had too forward mids. I've always liked the more distant mids of the TF10. It contributes to a seemingly wider soundstage than the upfront vocals of the SE530.

I'm not a huge basshead. to me as long as it's there and it's relatively good bass, I'm alright. soundstage + mids+ highs for me. the TF10 deliver that so I'm good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back