To owners of the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7's...
Sep 19, 2007 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

swiftus

Head-Fier
A couple quick questions...

(1) How well do these headphones block out noise while walking on a busy road?
(2) Is the noise cancelling only useful in airplanes / long distance trains?
(3) If you live in a city with underground rail travel, how effective is the noise cancelling against this?

Much thanks!

Sep 19, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 6
I haven't used mine outside yet, but I can give you a good idea of how well they work for me. I listen around the house and up until this last weekend I had 3 window air conditioners running and 2 window fans in the hall way. If it wasn't for the breeze and the cool air I wouldn't know they were on.

I've done the dishes and can't hear the water running. I can hear the dishes and silverware hitting each other, but faintly. I can't hear the neighbors or the kids playing next door, and that's one of the reasons I got them.

When the cars with loud stereos go by I can only feel them instead of hear them, which is really nice.

I flooded my kitchen this last weekend because I couldn't hear the water overflowing!
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 6
Always glad to help!
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #6 of 6
I haven't used mine on airplanes or trains, but they really block out road noise very well if you're in a car that's kinda loud on the highways at 60+ mph! I was using them on a recent road trip as a passenger since I didn't have to drive at the time, and these headphones really put me to deep sleep while listening to music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back