To HR-2 owners
Mar 19, 2004 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jorg

100+ Head-Fier
I sent an e-mail to Ray Samuels, but he didn't answer yet. So I decided to ask You (HR-2 owners). May be you know, if it's possible to use it under 220V/50Hz conditions? Thank you!

Mar 19, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 3
Give Ray some time. He replied to my emails very promptly. Perhaps he is busy at the moment.

In anticipation of moving abroad later this year, I custom ordered a 220-240v version of the HR-2. The amp just came in the mail last week. Currently I'm using my amp in the US (110v) by connecting it to a step-up power transformer. Everything seems to working in perfect order. I emailed Ray about using the 220v HR-2 with a power transformer and he indicated that that was ok.

If you are living in a 220v country, you could simply ask Ray to make the amp with a 220v power supply. On the other hand, if you bought a 110v amp and are intending to use it in a higher voltage country, I think a simple power transformer should do the trick. Just be sure to get a transformer that is designed for long-term use rather than a temporary traveler's converter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back